New here, new to Honda

lmnjlo

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to this forum and new to having a Honda. It is a 2000 Honda Accord Sedan. I currently have a 1989 Chevrolet Beretta GTU 5 speed with a 2004 Impala 3400 that has work done to it and lots of custom work. I also have a 1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 (automatic) that I am in the middle of swapping over to a 3400 as well. I also have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD. I proposed to my girlfriend and bought her a 2016 GMC Terrain SLT to replace her 2000 Honda Accord. In any case, I am driving the Honda to work to save on gas, and am starting to get an itch to do some work on it. Being a total newb to Honda or foreign cars, I have some questions that maybe you all can be kind enough to help with. Being that I have done a lot of my own work with my other cars Im not worried about doing the work, just dont know the best brands, stuff to get, type of things to look for, etc. You get the idea. The Honda has 168,000 miles, and the suspension seems very sloppy. Trying to get ideas for what suspension is best, what to get. I dont want to slam it, but it would be nice to lower it 2 inches, someday get new rims, etc. Anything good, low cost? Not looking to spend a lot or go all out, just looking to do basic upgrades because I cant stand the wheel gap. lol Id also like the suspension more stiff. Also, I attached an image, anyone have thoughts or ideas on this body kit and spoiler? Where to get it from, anyone have one laying around? Thanks again.

lmnjlo

Reaction score
Guess ill have to wait to post the pictures. :) Looking at the W-TYPE body kit with the wing the rear spolier that kind of wraps around the trunk.

Last edited:

Accordx

Reaction score
welcome to the site, I'm sure you can find some good info if this is one of you're first Hondas, could try looking at the suspension section of the forum :waytogo:

Connie

Reaction score
Welcome to the club!
Send member blazinqwickly a PM on here. He's got some experience with Honda suspensions and is online pretty often.
The pictures rule is annoying, but a few scammers probably ruined it for everyone at some point.
These 6th gens are great comfy daily drivers and super reliable if you keep up with maintenance.

DBO867

Reaction score
Welcome to 6ga! Youll be able to find lots of help and answers on this forum.

please dont body kit and spoiler it

Its more of a lip kit than a body kit, its actually one of the popular lip kits for the sedans

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome. My brother had a Beretta GT 5MT way back when. My highschool history teacher had a Z34 Lumina haha.

I'd say something like KYB AGX shocks paired with Eibach Sportline springs may be a good fit for your needs. I am running an aftemarket shock+coilover sleeve setup. I bought my Koni shocks from a dealer during their annual 20% off sale, and the Ground Control coilover sleeves from Ebay. Between the adjustable dampening/perches on the Yellows and the height adjustability on the GC's it's a versatile setup you can kind of tune in for performance while still being comfortable. Here's the thread if you're interested:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40665

You could check what the site sponsors have, there's the suspension review thread, or just do a forum and internet search. Also good info over on V6performance.net, though the 6GA section has completely died.

The W-type lip kit for sedans is the most popular option, but it looks the best. It's been around a while, if you're patient you'll find individual pieces or the whole kit.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to this forum and new to having a Honda. It is a 2000 Honda Accord Sedan. I currently have a 1989 Chevrolet Beretta GTU 5 speed with a 2004 Impala 3400 that has work done to it and lots of custom work. I also have a 1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 (automatic) that I am in the middle of swapping over to a 3400 as well. I also have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD. I proposed to my girlfriend and bought her a 2016 GMC Terrain SLT to replace her 2000 Honda Accord. In any case, I am driving the Honda to work to save on gas, and am starting to get an itch to do some work on it. Being a total newb to Honda or foreign cars, I have some questions that maybe you all can be kind enough to help with. Being that I have done a lot of my own work with my other cars Im not worried about doing the work, just dont know the best brands, stuff to get, type of things to look for, etc. You get the idea. The Honda has 168,000 miles, and the suspension seems very sloppy. Trying to get ideas for what suspension is best, what to get. I dont want to slam it, but it would be nice to lower it 2 inches, someday get new rims, etc. Anything good, low cost? Not looking to spend a lot or go all out, just looking to do basic upgrades because I cant stand the wheel gap. lol Id also like the suspension more stiff. Also, I attached an image, anyone have thoughts or ideas on this body kit and spoiler? Where to get it from, anyone have one laying around? Thanks again.

Welcome.
I too come from a heavy GM background of ownership.
There's a ton of good info here, and it allows you to make an informed decision. No idea of what shocks/springs combo to run, as my of my stuff has about 60K more miles on it (232-235K miles), and it's tight and it's still stock (O.E.)). Others on here have more miles on them, but they've probably got 10 to 30K miles since they replaced it.
Look in the suspension forum for ideas on what's the best set up, but looking thru part of it myself I'd have to say either the Form and Function or the F&F2 would be what you want. If you're going to track the car, you might want to look for something else. Everybody has their own tastes and what they want from the car, which is why there's differing opinions on what to run.
I hope this helps.

Back