??? about factory alarm

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
Those with factory alarm....are you guys able to arm your alarm with the hood up?? Also, my alarm didn't go off when I pulled the hood lever while the alarm is armed...car keys are nowhere near the car. I might need a new hood latch.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
my alarm doesnt go off when i pop the hood. never tired arming it with it already popped though.

but how is this urgent?

Rsuave24

Reaction score
I want to say that if any doors are open, including trunk and hood, the remote won't arm the alarm. The alarm WILL also go off if the hood is opened while armed. If you look at the back of your engine bay, by the driver side, their should be like a rod sticking up that presses down when you close your hood.

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
my alarm doesnt go off when i pop the hood. never tired arming it with it already popped though.

but how is this urgent?

the alarm went off a couple of times last night...pissing off my neighbors.:boo:

gold4door02

Reaction score
Just actually did a bunch of research on this earlier 2day as my stock alam stopped working all of a sudden. . .Im guessing the reason for your issue is that the main sensor for the alarm is actually located within the hood latch. . .When you have your hood open look down inside the latch part and you will see a little blue piece. Thats the alarm sensor, cleaned it off and works like a charm again! Haha hope this helps w/your question. . .

gold4door02

Reaction score
My fiance was the one who actually did the research and found that out for me so just wanna give props! And I think w/what your asking if you cover that sensor w/tape or something it will prevent the alarm from being armed or sounding. .:ohsnap:

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
Had to diconnect the battery terminal the last 2 nights and disconnected the hood sensor this morning. Will be getting a new hood latch with the sensor tomorrow morning.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
The other day my windows were down and the alarm was armed. Reached in the window to pop the hood and it set off the alarm.

Back