clutch problem

98accordcoupe

Reaction score
hey guys, i changed my clutch not too long ago, and when i floor it, it feels like it has resistance, any idea on what it is?? i used the exeddy oem clutch kit

acedomain

Reaction score
Did you change it or a shop? Did you bleed the clutch line? Maybe check your slave cylinder.... If a shop did it I would take it back

acedomain

Reaction score
Was it running fine before hopefully it was aligned right when you put it in an nothing fell out of place or anything but if it's shifting normal then you should be good but if it's pull your expecting because you upgraded from a regular clutch to a performance you should of changed your flywheel too for something lighter So that you really get some pull and I guess it also depends on what Clutch your using there all diff. And feel diff. You need to find one that suits your needs and wants but the only way is trail and errors I guess

acedomain

Reaction score
I would also see what the older members have to say bout this and try to explain your problem with a little more detail.... And for reference I had a stage 4 competition clutch with act light flywheel loved it but dont use that unless you done major work to your engine....Now I have a act Heavy duty clutch which I like better

Last edited:

98accordcoupe

Reaction score
thanks alot for the help, it shifts fine i used the exeddy oem, it was slipping before, when i shifted it would slip, maybe cause the car is heavier, i use to own a cb7 which felt pretty light and im comparing it to that, im gonna take it in the shop tomo though just to make sure everything is okay, you dont really feel vtec on the f23 do you?

acedomain

Reaction score
I just fixed my vtec ran on limp mode for a while but I dnt really feel it like I have felt it on the h23 that my friend had but it is there and it does make the difference as to when I didn't have it

98accordcoupe

Reaction score
yeah i wanna get the h22a for mine, and hey i found out the problem my intake throttle body was filled with sludge, i cleaned it and its sooo much better i can floor it, vtec is pretty loud but the b and k series have a better sound

Back