Distributor Problem

Skyy

Reaction score
This doesn't really relate to 6ga's, however, I happen to favor everyone here!

Now, I was changing the cam seal and valve cover gasket on my b16a. For some reason, I took the distributor loose, and took it out. I buttoned everything back up, and put the distributor back in place. When I went to start the car.....nothing. Me, being excited to have my car running again, cranked on it a couple more times.

Figuring that the problem was most likely related to the distributor, I took it back out. When I got it back out, I saw that the 2 'ears" "prongs", whatever had been snapped in half.

Now im left of the dilemma of A, which distributor to get (its a b16a with a complete obd0 to obd1 conversion), and B what did I do wrong so when I install the new distributor, I don't mess anything else up?

001Stunna

Reaction score
did you make sure the teeth on the distributor went on correctly, the same as they were when you removed it?
sounds like they moved from the position they were in when you took it off and you just put it on without checking

AFAccord

Reaction score
Those tabs are very slightly off-center. You installed it 180* off and when the cam turned, it snapped those off. You need to pull the valve cover off and hope you can find them and remove any debris without them falling down the oil holes into the block.

Back