Washed engine bay; rev limit at 3k HELP

Ryan

Reaction score
I just finished washing my engine bay. I covered up my battery, intake filter, and alternator. Washed like normal. But My check engine light is on, sometimes vtec won't engage. and my car tops out at 3k rpm... help. I am also low on oil.

Snoobly

Reaction score
you're low on oil. That's the reason. Put some oil in and you'll be good to go. There are a few other threads about this symptom

Ryan

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, but i wanted to double check. Didn't know if i got anything wet by mistake. Is it ok to drive though? When i get an oil change will the check light go away? and my maintenance light?

accord786

Reaction score
Got a prob. for my car
p1529 sometimes it doesn't pass 4k rpm and sometimes it will pass 4k rpm but will not feel like its running on all cylinders vtec doesnt engage, can it be too much thick oil I used lucas additive and 10w30 ?

Ryan

Reaction score
is 5w30 too thick? It's the only oil I have available right now. I need to change oil tomorrow.

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Got a prob. for my car
p1529 sometimes it doesn't pass 4k rpm and sometimes it will pass 4k rpm but will not feel like its running on all cylinders vtec doesnt engage, can it be too much thick oil I used lucas additive and 10w30 ?

" this means that you have a fault code present in the Transmission control module (TCM), you need to have that module tested, the P1529 is just the engine computer telling you this code is present. here is the book difinition

P1529 TCM Mil On Request Signal

"
Whenever the 'CHECK ENGINE' light comes on, the ECU (Engine Control Unit) sets a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC). These codes identify the particular engine management system which caused the light to come on. P1529 is a TCM MIL request to the

ECM.

TCM = Transmission Control Module. The sluggishness is really what is known as 'fail safe' mode (3rd gear). You should have had other codes besides P1529 to identify which system in the transmission caused the problem."

from a quick search on fixya.com

is 5w30 too think? It's the only oil I have available right now. I need to change oil tomorrow.

It's fine but If you are worried I suggest you use the recommended oil viscosity labeled on the oil cap

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Also if your car feels sluggish and has irregular oil VTEC engagement check you VTEC module filter for sludge

Ryan

Reaction score
I disconnected my battery. Reset the ECU, and everything is fine. Still changing oil tomorrow. lol

Back