gas pedal

pewyee

Reaction score
aight man i got u on this one....i had the same problem a few year ago but mine was waaaay worse than that. I was to the point of slammin my foot against the gas as HARD as i could have just to get the pedal workin. Took it to honda and they told me i was a buildup of carbon or somethin like that in the gas line and the injectors because of low quality gas. I use to always put amaco or shell gas before but they guy at honda told me that the best quality gas out there to keep the car clean would be chevron so since then that's the only gas i use. So what they did was clean out the lines cuz of the build up and i have not had a prob since. I dunno if you could just use a gas cleaner from an auto store, maybe it would work. I recommend the Chevron brand. My other friend who works at BMW told me that they use that Chevron stuff when they clean the lines at the dealer.....hope this helps!!!

Thanks. I guess I'll go to the dealer (my friend works there) :thumbsup:

skabone

Reaction score
Thanks. I guess I'll go to the dealer (my friend works there) :thumbsup:
save yourself some cash and clean out your throttle body before you go to the stealership. a can of throttle body cleaner cost $6 at autozone or pepboys. carbon can build up on your throttle body and I know dealerships charge $60-90 to clean out your throttle body and I'm so sure thats what your problem is. I'd think a $6 can of throttle body cleaner is cheaper than dealership service.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
yeah lubricate the TB cable, then take the intake off and clean the carbon build up in the TB so it doesnt get stuck

JP98

Reaction score
I will tackle this today... Thanks for the useful info!!!

kconn

Reaction score
just sea foam the car and it will be like new, we do this at the dealership all the time. All it is like posted above is carbon deposit in the throttle body just pour 1/3 of the sea foam into a pcv valve near the Throttle body and 1/3 in the crank case and the rest into the gas tank.

Back