gas pedal

pewyee

Reaction score
Theres a weird problem with my car. When I start the car up, the gas pedal is really stiff. I have to put it in park or neutral to rev it so the pedal gets loose. Happens everytime I start the car. Whats wrong with it?

nexTOme

Reaction score
hmmm....if you were MT, id say try to clean your TB, because it really did improve on my gas pedal, but since your AT, i dont know....sorry....

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
the only thing i can think of is check and make sure your cable is in the slots on the left correctly (in the below pic)and not binding anywhere ... cant remember what that part is called but its on the throttle body
nissan%20throttle%20body.JPG

pewyee

Reaction score
I don't think it's that serious, but I just find it annoying since I have to do it every time I start the car

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
mine has always done that. i just hit the gas a few times before i start it, problem solved.

i do it in other cars too, its such a habit :hide:

rwong410

Reaction score
Happens to me too, I just give it a firm tap with my foot and it loosens up. Usually happens during the cold months

skabone

Reaction score
get some throttlebody cleaner. mine used to stick a little, spray in the throttle body cleaner and that should take care of it for you. otherwise you'll have to stomp on the pedal a few times till its fine.

TriNiCorD99

Reaction score
aight man i got u on this one....i had the same problem a few year ago but mine was waaaay worse than that. I was to the point of slammin my foot against the gas as HARD as i could have just to get the pedal workin. Took it to honda and they told me i was a buildup of carbon or somethin like that in the gas line and the injectors because of low quality gas. I use to always put amaco or shell gas before but they guy at honda told me that the best quality gas out there to keep the car clean would be chevron so since then that's the only gas i use. So what they did was clean out the lines cuz of the build up and i have not had a prob since. I dunno if you could just use a gas cleaner from an auto store, maybe it would work. I recommend the Chevron brand. My other friend who works at BMW told me that they use that Chevron stuff when they clean the lines at the dealer.....hope this helps!!!

Back