Is this a good setup?

pewyee

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting coilovers and rims. Would Tein SS coilovers and 17" rota subzeros ride smooth on my 2000 accord sedan? Would I need a camber kit?

Last edited:

kconn

Reaction score
would ride pleasant smooth but considering 17's and 18's will always be a little rougher ride then the stock 15's and yes u will most definatly need a rear camber and a front if u plan on slammin it

pewyee

Reaction score
Don't want to be slammed. Probably 1-2 finger gap. But should I get Teins or some other brand? I'm stuck between Tein SS and Tein basics right now.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
get Tein for sure if you don't wanna be slammed....if you got the money go for SS...but since you are getting Rotas i assume you don't....SS and basic are nearly the same except you get 16 dampening settings with the SS...

pewyee

Reaction score
Sorry I'm a newb, but what does dampering do? And also, can someone make a list of things I need to buy for this kind of setup please. And a recommended tire size for the rims. Thanks.

-sorry for double post, my internet was lagging.

Last edited:

pewyee

Reaction score
Cool thanks. So this is what I need:

-Tein Basic or SS coilovers
-rear camber kit
-17" subzeros wrapped with 215/45/17

anything else? And how much should all of this cost me including install?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
camber kit you may or may not need. every car is different depending on how far in or out of spec your car left the factory (slight equipment differences mean one car might need camber one might not). me, I'm at somewhere between a 1 and 2 finger gap all around, and am not running a camber kit on either end. Alignment is always just barely in spec. So I say buy the coilovers + rims, go buy a lifetime alignment, get your car aligned, and if you need a camber kit then buy one and go back and take advantage of your lifetime alignment

Back