Skunk2 Coilover Sleeves (Revised Review as of 7/16/08 on Post#1)

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
Skunk2 Coilover Sleeves
$150-$250 via ebay
Fits all 98-02 Accords

EVERYONE told me to avoid these like the plague. Most who owned these said they took them off because they hated how the ride was. Well, I decided to go with a pair anyways. Let me tell you, it is like driving on air. The ride is beautiful, and when I say air I do not mean it is smooth like a Lexus, but you know where you are going and have total control of the entire car and road. I am running them with Tokico HP and the ride is not that harsh at all. Of course, like I said you feel the road, but my personal preference is that I love it a lot. Feeling the road is what driving is about. However, the only downside is that on speedbumps, you will need to slow down a lot. Speedbumps kills this otherwise aggressive spring set, and that's really what it is, aggressive. People who complain highly about is wanted a coilover that allowed them to get a look, not performance. Skunk2 provides more performance function than anything, aesthetic reflections of the car is just a bonus. The car does look nice with the tire leveled with the fender, but I was in it for performance. Remember, if you want aggressive suspension performance, go for Skunk2. If you want slammed, go for something else. On a side note I would think a tougher shock like Koni or Bilstein will give a smoother ride but still aggressive.

Performance 9 out of 10
Construction 10 out of 10
Comfort 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction 9 out of 10

It has been a few months since I originally installed these springs and I have a few changes I would like to make to my review. The above review was the original review, consider that the street response. The track response to these springs are simply amazing. Pictures will be up of the car as it entered and exited a corner on these springs. Skunk2 must supply the stiffest springs possible because the car did not roll as much as stock M3's, and I am talking 2008-2009 M3. The body roll was greatly reduced due the stiff setting of the spring. However, my only complain about Skunk2 now is the coilover height adjusting feature. It just is not that great. It takes patience to get the car leveled. After removing my Neuspeed Green springs, we installed the Skunk2 and adjusted them to even height on all four sides (even by the eye) however, after an alignment, the coilover setting was not even at all. The front right and rear left wheel had a 1-2 finger gap where the front left and rear right wheel had no gap at all. So, in order to get this corrected a new alignment is needed in which during the alignment process the coils will have to be readjusted. It is just a pain. If you can get the correct height even and balanced then these springs are the best. At this time I would prefer the non-height adjustable springs, but Skunk2 springs are perfect for autocross or club racing. They are still and will keep your car on the track longer and more impressively than anything else. I think combined with a good set of Koni or Bilstein shocks, everyone should stand a chance even against the more factory aggressive vehicles.

Last edited:

kconn

Reaction score
Re: Skunk2 Coilover Sleeves

hmm that gives me sumthin to think about lol

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

**** yea dude, idk what people are thinking sayin no to these. i had them on my last 6th with illuminas and they are so bangin, i love em.

+2 for skunk2 coilover sleeves.

mild2wildaccord

Reaction score

Its probably more the function thing. Groundcontrols and koni shocks in my opinion as well a lot others out do many others. I have skunk2 coilovers in my garage about to be installed in my hatch, i'll see how it rides!

NokBlue

Reaction score

Last edited:

oodie

Reaction score

The coupe is looking good. To the op post some pictures up.

kconn

Reaction score

that settles it these are going on my todo list lmao

Back