6 gears > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]...completed.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Re: 6 > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]

good thread, glad to see another swap!

Im also trying to decide between the perforated leather TSX knob and an s2000 titanium knob right now..

As far as the J30, I sold what I could off of it, kept some parts I thought I can sell in the future, and scrapped the rest. I did save the block and some pistons because I plan to make a cool end table/wine holder out of it when I have the time.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Ordered shift knob, flywheel, tranny mounts, clutch/brake pedals and assemblies, various others and hardware nuts/bolts yesterday.

Still have to get header gaskets, timing maintenance parts for the J32, motor mounts, and clutch master/slave cylinders and clutchlines. Hope to order that this week. Then I'll have everything I need.

Not sure for the motor mounts, whether I should get the CL-S motor mounts or go with Innovative. If the latter are the same price I may use those.

I want that shift knob. If I ever sell my wheels maybe

2 awesome coupes with 6spds and twin shift knobs?? :rock:

good thread, glad to see another swap!

Im also trying to decide between the perforated leather TSX knob and an s2000 titanium knob right now..

As far as the J30, I sold what I could off of it, kept some parts I thought I can sell in the future, and scrapped the rest. I did save the block and some pistons because I plan to make a cool end table/wine holder out of it when I have the time.

I like the look of the TSX knob more, but the s2k knob may be heavier. Since I ordered the TSX I'm going to see how it feels, then go from there.

Industrial automotive furniture ftw. I always see the block coffee table on Top Gear when they do the news and want something similar. Anyway I'll probably take off common things like the IM, valve covers, headers, throttle body, etc and try to sell those, and scrap the block for whatever I can.

Are the CL-S motor mounts a direct swap to my engine bay? Not sure whether to go with those or Innovative. And if you get Innovative for the motor mounts, would you have to go with Innovative for the tranny mounts too so the movement allowance of the motor/tranny is consistent?

Last edited:

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score

Are the CL-S motor mounts a direct swap to my engine bay? Not sure whether to go with those or Innovative. And if you get Innovative for the motor mounts, would you have to go with Innovative for the tranny mounts too so the movement allowance of the motor/tranny is consistent?

it depends on what motor bracket you use on the rear. if you use the cl-s one, then you use the cl-s mount. I used the one that was on my j30, and bought Innovative Accord mounts. (a lot of people do not use the j30 bracket because not all bolts holes align with the manual transmission. For some odd reason I had a bracket that bolted up in all holes...I got lucky I guess)
Innovative does not make transmission mounts as far as I know of, only the motor mounts. i used brand new OEM trans mounts.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Thanks that's helpful. I added up the cost of the factory J32 mounts and it totaled roughly $350 (site vendor). If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your Innovative mounts, and from where? You can PM me if you'd rather. I do plan on using the J30 bracket.

And yeah, there are no Innovative tranny mounts, Eric said the same thing.

Last edited:

turbo_911

Reaction score

I like the look of the TSX knob more, but the s2k knob may be heavier. Since I ordered the TSX I'm going to see how it feels, then go from there.

Trust me, TSX shift knob feels awesome. I think it is the BEST knob I've ever used. It doesn't get soo cold that you can't even put a hand on it since it has leather around it. My brother has that s2k knob, skunk 2 knob and now has some other knob that he bought on sale for $100, and I don't like any of them.

TSX knob is pretty heavy too, since it's all mental and only covered with that leather around the sides, to give this luxury look and nice feel. Really nice to shift with it too. You won't regret it that you bought it. :)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^So it's solid through and through? That is good to hear, so it's basically the s2k knob but with perf leather, and a little bigger. Sweet, can't wait to receive it (will post pics when I do). You got me to get this knob man, repped.

Alright, Innovative motor mounts. I see there are different stiffness grades...to those of you who have them, what did you buy? Guessing street is all I would need.

$350
http://www.innovativemounts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=20250

$269
http://www.eracingzone.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=10250

$299 - Seller has wrong photo, sale is actually for 75A Track mounts (which are black I think?), but shows red (which must be either street or extreme).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INNO...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:

turbo_911

Reaction score

Oh yes it is completely solid, it is just covered around in leather for looks and feel. You though it is not solid and light? lol

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score

all of those you just posted are for the 4 cyl motors.

I went with 60a, I wouldnt get anything more stiff than 75a, thats overkill imo.

btw, s2K knob ftw...I just got it today and the shifter is so much nicer than a non weighted light knob....

Back