Kevos Audi Allroad 2.7t

kevo

Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe it depends on the car? Idk haha. Like I said I am just going by what I have heard.

Oh yeah for sure, but yeah I'm going to run it square all around to save some headaches

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Not sure how I'd react if I woke up and found my car lower than I left it. haha

Kind of a scary problem. But I guess you're getting new suspension soon so it will be negated. Doesn't seem like swapping the suspension will be easy with the OEM bag system in place. Will it trip a light or anything when the bags are disconnected and you just have coilovers in there?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Not sure how I'd react if I woke up and found my car lower than I left it. haha

Kind of a scary problem. But I guess you're getting new suspension soon so it will be negated. Doesn't seem like swapping the suspension will be easy with the OEM bag system in place. Will it trip a light or anything when the bags are disconnected and you just have coilovers in there?

+1, but as long as nothing is leaking, I might be okay with it!

Seems like ALOT of work with this car already, but kevo, you seem more than willing to do what you gotta do.

kevo

Reaction score
So Chris there are 2 ways to go about this conversion, A I spend 2k on so coilovers that have a mixed review and have just a direct swap, or B swap top hats and spring caps and buy some great coilovers that have good reviews across the board and spend 500 less. Yeah once the oem bags are removed a light is triggered but you can disconnect the switch and some other mombo jombo and your good to go.

I'm really starting to think its not a leaking bag up front, but rather a switch is going bad, there is no audible leak and the car raises back up to normal pretty quick. For sure next Friday ill be getting the coils and ill be ready to go. I'm debating if I should wait till mid March to put them on or just say eff you snow and put them on but leave it at a reasonable height to get around.

And other news the wheels I picked out, don't get shipped out to the states via the manufacture:thinking:, and on top of it, the offsets are 40-55 and no way am I'm going to run 30mm+ spacers. But I did come across a set that I've been eyebloin for a while, just wasnt sure if I wanted to to go thay way with the car. Seeing as though my luck with wheels are up and down ill go head and get them the specs are 19x10+25 so ill have to spaces the rear 10 mm and the front 5-7 to get a nice clean look.

And yes ive come to the conclusion that I do have to do what I gotta do as long as it is in reason(at least I hope lol)

kevo

Reaction score
So here's a pic of the car when it sits for a while, it only drops in the front when its 40 and below outside. The front should be square with the back to give you an idea of what it is suppose to look like in the front.
picture.php

But seeing the front like this kinda gives me an idea of what the car will look like lowered, ill go more lower then that but not much more.

Coilovers and turbos will be purchased Friday!!!!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Seems like there is some type of leak or something when it gets cold out, that makes the front sag like that.

OR

Maybe the car is sad that the cold weather is coming.

kevo

Reaction score
Hahhaha yeah the car hates the cold, don't know why but its a beast in the snow:thumbsup:.

Today the A6 suspension hard parts came in now I'm one step closer to coilover conversion!
picture.php

Sorry about the crappy pic I don't have my camera :sad:

kevo

Reaction score
Sup just another little update: just got these on friday some factory Audi VW KO3 $1600 jeez
picture.php

Yeah I got them just to be prepared for a blown turbo. I would have loved to get ko4's the bigger better ones but I have a tiptronic and it can only hold about 300awhp and I would not be happy with that so ill stick to just the stock ones.

Brad2274

Reaction score
if you lowered it with nice wheels and a solid stance, and paint matched the bumpers and fenders with a decent lip, it would probably be the nicest allroad in the country, just sayin hahah

Back