Help with sizing and finding Deep Dish rims for 2001 Honda Accord EX

y2kproblem

Reaction score
Hello i'm new here and i'm having a hard time with figuring out the deep dish sizes.I don't know if i can fit deep dish rims on my car or not.I want deep dish rims that have a jdm look to them.Can some help me out?thanks

I would post a picture but it says i must be a member longer than 7 days so the 2001 Honda Accord EX Sedan

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I think you just mean you want wheels with some depth to them. Which there is plenty of here, take a look through the members rides section, wheels/suspension/brakes section, and take a look at the wheel fitment thread.

But first, is your car lowered?

y2kproblem

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I think you just mean you want wheels with some depth to them. Which there is plenty of here, take a look through the members rides section, wheels/suspension/brakes section, and take a look at the wheel fitment thread.

But first, is your car lowered?

No i haven't modified my car at all except for my muffler.Is lowering my car something i will have to do?also thanks for the response guys

Jordan_H

Reaction score
If you have wide wheels and don't lower your car not only will I facepalm but so will the rest of the world. There's more to it than just putting on some wheels

image1_zpsd553851a.jpg

y2kproblem

Reaction score
If you have wide wheels and don't lower your car not only will I facepalm but so will the rest of the world. There's more to it than just putting on some wheels

Well thats something i don't want :D..."theres more to it than putting on some wheels" can you elaborate a little bit more.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Pick out the correct wheel specs, pick out a tire size, Figure out how low you need to go, you'll need to roll your fenders and probably relocate bumper tab

xci.ed6

Reaction score
mine were for a nissan/infinity, but they came off ebay. Search size and lug pattern, like '18x9 5x114.3' on ebay, lol, mine were cheap!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
No i haven't modified my car at all except for my muffler.Is lowering my car something i will have to do?also thanks for the response guys

In that case you need to read up on suspension and wheel fitment and hold off on buying anything. This is something you want to try do right the first time as it saves time and money down the road.

Check out TireRack's website, they have good info on plus sizing wheels, the role offset plays, what happens when you lower a car, etc. And of course there is lots of info here too.

If you weren't planning to run very aggressive wheels you could get away with less of a drop or in some cases not at all. But Honda isn't deep dish friendly (all OEM wheels are high offset), so you have to do your research to make it work.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
If you have wide wheels and don't lower your car not only will I facepalm but so will the rest of the world.
Here. (Snoop face pending..)

IMAG0013__zps419c1d8c.jpg

Sry, OP. Didn't mean to thread jack, but this is a good example of having aftermarket wheels without dropping the height. AKA, 4x4 SUV spec.

Back