DIY 01-03 Civic fog mounting

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I know this has been covered in Juicebox00's DIY but I think people are still confused and I feel mine was a 'better' and more in depth explanation. I wanted to keep as much bumper as I could while keeping gaps to a minimum but can't really control because after all it isn't oem.

I notched it out so I could fit the tab into the bumper which is the biggest problem people had

image_zps129da40c.jpg

I used one of the tabs to mount a screw and then because i saved some bumper I could screw in diagonally into the fog light.

image_zpsbaad8fd7.jpg

I still need to go buy the L brackets but here is the 'finished' product. Not bad for $35

image_zps0ed982fd.jpg

I only used one L bracket on each side at the bottom. I got a pack of 4 so you can do the top if you like but I wanted to keep a cleaner look to it.
The hole was slightly too small so I drilled it out and it fit all nice. I was going to trim down the part of it that sticks up but honestly I coudn't notice it when I was said and done.

image_zps80ae1c99.jpg

Here is the finished product. Follow the wiring from Juicebox00 and youll do just fine. It's kind of a pain in the *** to get done but it is well worth it.

image_zps2903d2e0.jpg

They look good and have a purpose. Any questions just ask and ill do what I can to help. biggest complaint I have is the fog switch. It didn't fit so now I have to find an oem one so I'd recommend getting that when doing this mod.

384b3c7d-af42-4e32-af7c-6234044faa25_zps1fedcc07.jpg

Last edited:

HotboxF23

Reaction score
i know its a old thread but looks nice! i think i'll give this a try didnt even think of it

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
i know its a old thread but looks nice! i think i'll give this a try didnt even think of it
Its pretty simple the only thing is getting the civic fog light switch to fit in the accord pocket.

Mines ghetto ridge with electrical tape on the body to fit the opening.

HotboxF23

Reaction score
Its pretty simple the only thing is getting the civic fog light switch to fit in the accord pocket.

Mines ghetto ridge with electrical tape on the body to fit the opening.

Haha well im just thinking now this is for the early body 6G i got a 01 coupe and i kinda like my bumper i was told they already had them for mines so i'll look into some yellow ones and 3k HIDs

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Haha well im just thinking now this is for the early body 6G i got a 01 coupe and i kinda like my bumper i was told they already had them for mines so i'll look into some yellow ones and 3k HIDs
Nice.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Nice im not a big fan of the front tow hooks and emblems being in the wrong places. #petpeeve

Back