F23a4

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Re: K20a swap

Ok I want to swAP my, f23a4 for the K20a FD2 in the future, is this easily,possible? I dont care about money nor time nor a response telling to get another car. I just want to know the straight up answer , in detail pleas thank you ;)

Contact HASport , as they've put a K-20 or K-24 in just about everything. Also they're located semi-close by in Nevada.
They could even do a K-24T for you. :)

datechboss101

Reaction score

The only thing that stops anyone is the mounts. They have to be custom made but if you can weld
You’re solid. I know someone had the k24 in the cg engine bay but never finished. Wiring should be easy if you can read pinouts. Should be able to use a p28 or equivalent ecu with a base map.

Other than that I don’t see what it wouldn’t work. I went with an f20b over a k24 just for the price differences. Although I’m trading my cg for a dc2 integra, the k24 swap was my next project.

You should hold off with the trade and do the K24 swap, since you do most of the write ups for these swaps.

capsidx

Reaction score

I really want to do the k24 swap but at the same time I just don’t have the cash lying around to do it. The motor itself is expensive enough but I do know a lot of people here in Florida that can help
Me with the welding part. They told me the f20b was a nightmare and I finished it in a solid 3 days if I condensed all the time into days rather than a few hours on the weekend. I feel like the k would be no different.

If someone was to perhaps give me a k24 I would be able to do a how to :lawl:

StomoHonda

Reaction score
F23a4 to JDM.

I want, no I need to swap my fF23a4 to JDM. WITH My lack of knowledge in mind. I dont want the famous k series swap, I like being outside the norm but within the limits of sanity. I seem to be leaning to the type R's and S's but its a little on the expensive side, which is not an issue but only a factor.

I want something in the 180 to 200 range of stock HP and. Torque. If you think that is not a good option or if you think I am incapable of swapping with these. Then which should I pick? Im interested in also other F series and J series look and sound good and fun to drive. I see a lot of H22 swaps but, I want to do something different.

Enne

Reaction score
image.jpg

capsidx

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that dude sold the car and that was the end of it. This was back in the early 2000s if I remember. The engine was probably ripped out and put in a civic and the chassis scrapped lol.

capsidx

Reaction score
My f20b makes about 200 hp and 150 lb ft of torque. People say it’s not enough but it’s enough for me. Especially since the chassis is really light. F20b is the best of both worlds. H22 power with f23 reliability. It’s what I went with after my h23a1 exploded. Not a fan of the h series. So far I’ve driven this to Florida and it cost me 90 dollars in gas one way which was 1000 miles. And it only runs on 93 which is generally the most expensive at the pump. But yea for your goals either f20b or h22. H22 is more expensive and won’t last as long as a f20b (or so the internet says). Those are really the only two choices. Also your f23 tranny won’t work with either of them if it’s auto. Any swap will be expensive and frustrating so be ready for it.

As far as tranny’s go you can get a really nice t2t4 with an lsd which was stock with the f20b out of the accord sir t. Or you can use the h22 transmission. I’m using an m2s4 manual right now and I love it. It comes out of a 94 prelude si. With any of these sporty transmissions you’ll get 5 nice gears. The f23 is pretty much the only economy transmission so it doesn’t make sense to swap in a sporty engine with an a$$ transmission.

Back