mysterious front end noise

Travisf90

Reaction score
i bought this car for cheap wasnt excepting perfection has a few little problems here and there so no biggie. im having problems with front end noise during left turn and when climbing hills. its like thud thud thud sound and you can feel it under your feet feel like the tire is slipping. if i push the clutch in or take it out of gear and make the same left turn it doesnt do it. Anyone have ideas on where to start to look? ive checked everything and nothing is loose ive had a friend that works at honda suggest changing the axle but i would think it would do it all the time. im stumped and dont have the money at this moment to just throw into and not be the problem thanks for any help

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
sounds like an axle issue. my previous accord had an axle problem, but it wasn't terrible nor did it happen all the time, so i kind of just rode with it until i sold the car. i'd just put two new axles in and see if that fixes it.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I'm new here, but that sounds like an outer CV joint. It's actually quicker and cheaper to replace the entire axle though. Keep in mind that if 1 is doing this, the other 1 can't be too far behind it.

Connie

Reaction score
+1 outer CV.
I paid about $100 a side for new axles last year; its not that big of a job to replace them.

Back