What to look for when buying a 6GA?

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Amazon and eBay have coupe bumpers I think, or check out your local junkyard sometime this spring. You can probably find a decent deal somewhere.

Good places to look indeed, also check out what Rockauto has, always seem to have good luck there if you are still searching.

swenyo

Reaction score
There aren't many of them. But I have to say that black coupes with leather are my favourite too, my 2000 V6 coupe is black and it looks nicer than any other colour in my opinion.

How's the clear coat on yours?

Congrats on the new ride man!

The clear coat is absolutely trashed. Definitely due for a paint job but I'll focus on spending my money on maintenance for now. A bit jealous of the people who have immaculate original paint

Connie

Reaction score
The clear coat is absolutely trashed. Definitely due for a paint job but I'll focus on spending my money on maintenance for now. A bit jealous of the people who have immaculate original paint

Yeah, mine's pretty bad too.
Where it's good, the car looks amazing though.
But I'd take peeling clear coat or paint any day over rust.

swenyo

Reaction score
Yeah, mine's pretty bad too.
Where it's good, the car looks amazing though.
But I'd take peeling clear coat or paint any day over rust.

Actually upon further inspection i found a rust spot on the hood and another on the fender, each about the size of a quarter. Wonder how much of a pain thats gonna be.

Connie

Reaction score
Actually upon further inspection i found a rust spot on the hood and another on the fender, each about the size of a quarter. Wonder how much of a pain thats gonna be.

Midnight has a small spot on the door, and a rough spot on the rear driver's side wheel well about 4 inches long. To fix it professionally would be expensive. If it were me I'd just have the car oil sprayed and keep it clean to slow the process down. It depends what the spots look like, though. Bubbles are usually a sign of more significant corrosion (rusting from the inside out) than surface rust, and therefore require more work and money to fix.

If it were me, I wouldn't stress about it.
Check out Connie's thread in member's rides.
All that really matters is the feeling and the view from the driver's seat. lol.
EDIT---another place to check for rust is on the door behind the mirror under the rubber strip.
They ALL rust here first. At least all the ones I've seen.

Last edited:

DBO867

Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips everyone! About to go see the car right now, I'll give an update on how it goes.

Also, does anyone know where to get an 01/02 coupe front bumper?

congrats on the pickup but just wondering why are you in search of a 01-02 coupe front bumper if yours is a 2002 coupe already? tried looking it up for pics but seller mustve deleted the post since you bought it already.

swenyo

Reaction score
congrats on the pickup but just wondering why are you in search of a 01-02 coupe front bumper if yours is a 2002 coupe already? tried looking it up for pics but seller mustve deleted the post since you bought it already.

Mine is cracked sadly :/ I really want this car to end up looking great but it's definitely gonna be a slow process piecing it together

DBO867

Reaction score
Mine is cracked sadly :/ I really want this car to end up looking great but it's definitely gonna be a slow process piecing it together

Junkyard is your best then, nothing beats an oem bumper for $40-50

Back