Connie almost just got written off (video)

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Damn! VERY NICE maneuver my man.

And that son of a bit*h had the gall to blow the horn at you. They should have thanked you for avoiding that crash, which would have been their fault.

They should have just turned right and then turned around somewhere else down the road since their view of oncoming traffic was obstructed by that semi.

capsidx

Reaction score
Dude that was some artful driving lol. To his defense he might not have been able to see because of the truck. To your defense he should have waited for the truck to pass so he could see AND he shouldn't have stopped in the middle of the road. Nice driving 007 lol

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I would have hit the person and had back neck and head injuries amounting to a 100k plus lawsuit for pain and suffering and loss time at work. Then use that money to get a sweet car

dawg316

Reaction score
atleast you captued it on film . haha glad the cars alright

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1bgIAHsmoo&feature=youtu.be

Just almost t-boned some dummy in Brampton just off of Derry road.....should have just hit him and took the insurance money.

That's kind of normal around here. I almost saw an accident 2 days ago, where the guy in front of me (we're in the right lane) turned left right in front of the guy in the left lane (2 lanes, 1 way street). I thought for sure I was going to see a t-bone accident. I've also had a girl blow thru a stop sign, and almost hit me, because she was too busy talking on her phone (had it to her left ear). I saw she wasn't stopping, so I did (I had the right of way).
Drive long enough, you're bound to see all sorts of stuff.

Accordx

Reaction score
Damn that was impressive, I wouldn't have been that cool under pressure on a wet road probably woulda locked the brakes and hoped for the best. Glad you got out of that one.

Connie

Reaction score
Damn! VERY NICE maneuver my man.

And that son of a bit*h had the gall to blow the horn at you. They should have thanked you for avoiding that crash, which would have been their fault.

They should have just turned right and then turned around somewhere else down the road since their view of oncoming traffic was obstructed by that semi.

Thanks, Wheelman

Yeah, they did. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that their hand just slipped while they panic-braked.

Dude that was some artful driving lol. To his defense he might not have been able to see because of the truck. To your defense he should have waited for the truck to pass so he could see AND he shouldn't have stopped in the middle of the road. Nice driving 007 lol

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Thanks man; there was no way I would have stopped in time, swerving was my only option. I wasn't impressed to say the least.

I mean, if you can't see, why would you pull out? That road is always pretty busy, especially around lunch time.

I would have hit the person and had back neck and head injuries amounting to a 100k plus lawsuit for pain and suffering and loss time at work. Then use that money to get a sweet car

I actually had it run through my mind that it would be better to just smash into him as I was swerving around him. But the Accord is pretty worthless right now, and it's not really worth the hassle of dealing with insurance and rental companies for months just for a few thousand bucks. Plus I'm almost at half a million km; not gonna let some dummy prevent me from turning half a million lol.

atleast you captued it on film . haha glad the cars alright

If by alright you mean the same as before the accident, you are correct. But honestly it just would have been more new dents on top of old dents hahaha.

That's kind of normal around here. I almost saw an accident 2 days ago, where the guy in front of me (we're in the right lane) turned left right in front of the guy in the left lane (2 lanes, 1 way street). I thought for sure I was going to see a t-bone accident. I've also had a girl blow thru a stop sign, and almost hit me, because she was too busy talking on her phone (had it to her left ear). I saw she wasn't stopping, so I did (I had the right of way).
Drive long enough, you're bound to see all sorts of stuff.

It's pretty normal in the GTA, too. I just got the dash cam a few weeks ago and I've got a few pretty good clips of idiots already. I've seen so much crazy stuff happen on my commute over the past 5 years; I'd have hours of insane footage by now if I'd always had the camera.

Damn that was impressive, I wouldn't have been that cool under pressure on a wet road probably woulda locked the brakes and hoped for the best. Glad you got out of that one.

Thanks dude. If you watch you can see me lock the brakes for a second before realizing I didn't have enough room, getting off of them, and swerving instead. I'm still running old bald snow tires on the front, and the ABS doesn't work....I need to scan it to figure out which sensor is messed up, but I honestly like how much more predictable the car feels in situations like this without the ABS. So maybe I'll just leave it like that.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Kilometers. Where do you live? Im at 215k miles with only new timing belt, distributed cap, rotor, wires, and new alternator. Everything else is still stock.

Connie

Reaction score
Kilometers. Where do you live? Im at 215k miles with only new timing belt, distributed cap, rotor, wires, and new alternator. Everything else is still stock.

I'm in Ontario, Canada.

You Americans are one of the last mph/quarts/yards/pounds holdouts in the world, lol.

474698km (where it sits today) equals 294963.662 miles.

Got the car with blown headgasket 140k km, at which time I dumped in a JDM J30A with under 40k km on it. All I've done since then is 90% regular maintenance, including 3 timing belt/water pumps, a new serpentine belt at 300k, new tensioner twice (290k and 440k), new starter twice (165k and 455k), between 5 and 10 assorted wheel bearings at various mileages, 2 lh upper control arms (210k and 465k), 1 rh upper control arm (375k), heater core (445k), front brakes twice and rear brakes 4 times, and 3 coil packs on various cylinders at various mileages.

The one major failure I had was the original transmission at 344k. Just threw in a junkyard one (that already had almost 300k on it when installed), and she still runs and drives just fine.

Last edited:
Back