autozone clutch!

jeffpanya

Reaction score
so has anyone ever used this brand at all duralast? cuz im about to drop this sucka in Saturday, got everything ready tranny is ready to drop out sat please and feedback will help :147703263745b138a51

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
my friend had it in his Z28. it balled up all the time when he power shifted. but it has unlimited lifetime warranty

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
my friend had it in his Z28. it balled up all the time when he power shifted. but it has unlimited lifetime warranty

i wouldnt buy anything from vatozone regarding anything to do with your engine or transmission. I bought a duralast alternator for my 96 toyota avalon. When I installed it, my battery light came on. And then when I started driving, my electrical system was overloaded by the amps it was putting out. I ended up burning out my p/w switch and some of my climate control buttons, while my door locks,windows and wipers were going ape $hit.

I drove to vatozone and took out the alternator right in their parking lot. Installed it and behold, about 2 months later the grounding wire and nut were glowing red and melted.

So I went back, and got a new one again. I had them test the one they were giving me before I got another lemon. After a min. of the dumba$$ kid hassling me about testing it. It came out to be a faulty alternator. I was like hah, so he didnt say crap. Tested another one and it turned out okay. I told the manager that this is the last time im going to install one of these before I just ask for my money back for the part.

I don't want to sound like a jerk or whatever, but I had to also search through a horde of junkyards to find a 1st gen avalon to get these control panels for my p/w and climate control. Hearing this thread just gives me memories of what I had to go through with a "tough" duralast part. Who cares if it has an unlimited warranty when you have to replace it too many times.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I blew up 2 of them, but they are OEM replacement parts and are NOT designed to be used as a performance part. I used them when I should have used a performance part.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One of my friends had one in his stock F22 4thgen lude...It was slipping after 1200 miles.

jeffpanya

Reaction score
:wtf1: man not good at all i really want to return this junk now, sounds like SHIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT because im really hard on the clutch, and i only have 200 to spend on the clutch:boo::boo:

Reaction score
I`ve used this company a lot of times. And although Autozone doesn`t have the prices that RockAuto does, it offers free shipping most of the times, so that`s pretty cool.

Back