Exhaust question

MAR387

Reaction score
Hey all -

I have had my CG3 for about 7 years now. I have the APEXi WS2 cat-back exhaust and a few months ago, the muffler fell off :(. I haven't really cared because I recently just bought a 2011 Evo X GSR and I've only been driving the Accord to the train station.

Most of the flanges and what not are rusted and the exhaust from the cat back isn't in the greatest shape, especially since I've been lowered on Koni yellows and ground control coilovers for about 100k miles.

The car has about 155k on it and I'm wondering what you guys think I should do? Should I just bring it to Midas and see if they can salvage the muffler and put new piping on from the cat back or do you guys have any other suggestions? I'm not trying to spend a whole lot but I've taken relatively good care of the Accord and I'd like to keep it for as long as possible. Thanks

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Go find an OEM tl muffler or s2k muffler and have Midas hook it up to your car with some new piping. You shouldn't have a problem finding either one.

Or take your apexi muffler and take it to Midas and have them weld new piping like u said

MAR387

Reaction score
Go find an OEM tl muffler or s2k muffler and have Midas hook it up to your car with some new piping. You shouldn't have a problem finding either one.

Or take your apexi muffler and take it to Midas and have them weld new piping like u said

Any idea how much I'd be looking to spend? Like $200?

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
100-150 piping and 50-100 on the muffler. I'd really look around at pull -a-part and other salvage yards.

I'd try and salvage the apexi muffler 1st

MAR387

Reaction score
keep the WS2. I just purchased a WS1 and its a quality system. Don't get rid of it. It's a great system.

The problem is, the exhaust is rusted and I'm not sure if would hold up for much longer if it was repaired. IDK what to do.

In regards to the magna flow, thanks but I'm really trying to keep this thing as quiet as possible.

MAR387

Reaction score
Guys, hate to bring this back to the dead but essentially I need a new pipe between the cat and to my APEXI WS2 exhaust. I'm almost considering going back to stock if I absolutely have to because this is proving to be a hassle and I don't want to have to fix this again anytime soon. Anyone have any additional ideas?

Back