Salvage Cars...what do u think?

HaloCoupe

Reaction score
I dont know, i personally would hnever be brave enough to do ti but i have heard great stories, and others where body panel crumpled like aluminum foil:eusa_doh:.I guess its alll about is the risk worth the payoff

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Older car, maybe. I mean, if you are buying a car where a quarter pannel can total it out, i wouldn't be incrediably worried. And that's a car nobody is going to invest their time in. A car with any value used, hell no.

patofdzb

Reaction score
instead of the accord, i was about to buy an 03 srt-4 with a salvage title... it was about 2k more.. it had a salvage title but it looked perfect except for 1 body line,,,, trunk & rear fender

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
It all depends. I'm an insurance claims adjuster and I deal with salvaging vehicles daily. The guys here have given good advice. If a car is stolen, it automatically gets a salvaged title. Sometimes there will be no damage whatsoever. Other times the car could be wrecked and a total mess and somebody rebuilt it to make it look normal. Heck...even sometimes the only reason we will salvage the car is if we get out there and look at it and can tell there is all kinds of old damage (i.e. rust on prior damage spots), but the owner is like "all of this damage happened when your guy rear-ended me doing 5mph."
As adviced by everyone, either you know what you need to look for, or you take it to a shop. I don't see how you would be able to tell all signs of frame damage unless you get that sucker on a lift though...so taking it to a shop would be the best bet...even if you now what you are looking for repair-wise.

osiriskidd

Reaction score
how about insurance car auctions. i'm real interested in those >D

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
If we don't get a good salvage bid from one of our salvage buyers in the area, we will send it off to auction. A lot of our auction people do not fix anything, so what you see is what you get.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
My first car was salvaged, worst car I've ever owned. Now, it was hit in the front/side. That makes a big difference to know where it was hit. The car had a problem every weekend it seemed. Just be careful.

Back