Need help picking a day to put my coilovers on

JetLife

Reaction score
Then just say **** it, bundle up, and do it.

but i dont wanna ruin my brand new coils:ugh:

IF for some reason down the road i decide to Part out before next winter, it'll be a good selling point that they've never seen snow or salt

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Eh I guess. But it won't do anything to see salt for like one fifth of a winter. They would still clean up to look mint.

619rcr

Reaction score
but i dont wanna ruin my brand new coils:ugh:

IF for some reason down the road i decide to Part out before next winter, it'll be a good selling point that they've never seen snow or salt

My best advice to you is, before you install them, coat the threads with anti-seize. I spent 4 yrs on the tropical island of Okinawa, Japan. I've seen a lot of expensive coil overs ruined by rust and salt. It sounds stupid, but it works. I had some on for 2yrs with anti seize. Showed almost no rust & resold quick. Yes, it will still pick up the normal dirt and debris, but the metal is protected. Get a big bottle, not those little packs for 99cents.

JetLife

Reaction score
My best advice to you is, before you install them, coat the threads with anti-seize. I spent 4 yrs on the tropical island of Okinawa, Japan. I've seen a lot of expensive coil overs ruined by rust and salt. It sounds stupid, but it works. I had some on for 2yrs with anti seize. Showed almost no rust & resold quick. Yes, it will still pick up the normal dirt and debris, but the metal is protected. Get a big bottle, not those little packs for 99cents.

thanks for the advice, ill be sure to pick up some

Back