JetLife 2002 sedan V6 :) Update 3-3-13

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
Re: JetLife 2002 sedan V6 :)

Yeah I got my coils installed for $200 in an area where mechanic work generally runs pretty expensive (Long Island, NY). Get coils. Springs will leave you wanting more. Save your money and do it right the first time :thumbsup: but the car looks good! nice and clean

cjsaccord

Reaction score

Welcome to the club. Very nice wheels btw. those are hard to come by now a days. I got my shocks and springs installed for free by doing them myself. Just search for diys and it will be easy as tracing a circle.:jae:

JetLife

Reaction score

Welcome to the club. Very nice wheels btw. those are hard to come by now a days. I got my shocks and springs installed for free by doing them myself. Just search for diys and it will be easy as tracing a circle.:jae:

Thank you, personally i think the rims complement the car very well for being OEM Honda Rims. i was thinking about doing that but don't you have to have a tool that relieves the pressure of the springs so they don't shoot and hurt you?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Car looks nice, the 8GA wheels don’t look bad on it.

If you want your fogs to be functional and fulfill their intended purpose, get 3k. And those LED’s you linked are just running lights, they are not fog lights and will make no usable light on the road.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Yeah, one of these:

ATD7561.jpg

And it's not hard.. You can rent one at AutoZone, free of charge virtually.

Like has been said - don't settle for springs, get coils. And do the work yourself. It's too easy.

Car looks great by the way, very clean. Just lower it now..

5acc0rd4

Reaction score

+1

If you want to go lower, coilovers are definitely the way to go. Plus, by the time you buy lowering springs and new struts, you will have spent almost the same amount of money as you would buying coilovers--but without the ability to raise it up or go lower. And as many before me have said, once you go low, you just want to go lower. It's not that difficult to do it yourself, just search for a DIY and it'll help a lot. And if you have problems, you have plenty of people willing to help.

Excellent choice for a first car though :thumbsup:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Some struts allow for height adjustment, albeit limited. Some also have dampening adjustment, and some have both. The difference is coilovers are made to be adjusted while on the car. But coilovers typically provide a harsher ride overall.

JetLife

Reaction score

Car looks nice, the 8GA wheels don’t look bad on it.

If you want your fogs to be functional and fulfill their intended purpose, get 3k. And those LED’s you linked are just running lights, they are not fog lights and will make no usable light on the road.

thank you! I decided I'm gonna go with the fogs. i saw a video of these on youtube on a NSX and they lit the road up fairly good

JetLife

Reaction score

Like i said on the initial post, I'm in college and don't have a lot of money. Honestly i don't think I'm gonna be wanting to changing my ride height a lot. i just want a nice stance while keeping a good ride quality like it is now

JetLife

Reaction score

Yeah, one of these:

ATD7561.jpg

And it's not hard.. You can rent one at AutoZone, free of charge virtually.

Like has been said - don't settle for springs, get coils. And do the work yourself. It's too easy.

Car looks great by the way, very clean. Just lower it now..

really didn't know that, thank you! ithinkk this might call for a trip over to auto zone this weekend

Back