resonator

JetLife

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a resonator for my new exhaust. Just got a 2.5" test pipe back w/ apexi ws2. Muffler single outlet and its hella raspy!! So my question is what's a good resonator to get? tomorrow I'm gonna put my cat back on to see what it does.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
You never should have removed the cat to begin with.

Just get a couple resonators from jegs or something. Maybe some Magnaflow ones if you feel like spending the money.

JetLife

Reaction score
I removed it cuz cats are over played duhhh bro lol. Get a couple? I was only planning on getting one? What does the length matter? Is it the longer the resonator the quieter it makes it?

JetLife

Reaction score
[url said:
http://www.amazon.com/Dynomax-24215-Race-Bullet-Muffler/dp/B00029J3KW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2ABHB9066NIKQ&coliid=I25ZJZH8GWWC8[/url]

So is that a good one?

AFAccord

Reaction score
The best one I've ever used is the Vibrant Ultra-quiet resonator. It's a straight thru design, and uses stainless filling, so it won't eventually burn out like a glass pack or the other 90% of 'resonators' out there. I've done back to back comparisons installing and removing it, and it truly does a great job.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Yeah..

Just keep it quiet haha keep the cat and add 2 resonators. It'll keep the "ricer" raspy-ness out of the picture.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their stock resonator with a dynomax, or any other resonator that changes the tone, on their 4cyl 6GA?

Back