Brake/TSC issue

JetLife

Reaction score
For the past couple weeks when i would start the car up from sitting over night or for a long period of time i would hear a odd noise coming from the front (wheel area) it would only last a few seconds. However tonight as i was leaving work (car sat for 3 hrs) it started making the noise as i drove away (10 mph) then it proceeded almost as if my traction control was coming on.. sure enough my TSC went on then off and on again and stopped. As i would come to a stop it felt like i was brake on snow (weird feeling under your foot as your braking)

I recently got new front rotors and pads at mr. tire. Already had them check the brakes out. they said everything was fine. :ugh:

I'm thinking possibly a sensor for the TSC if there is one dunno. HELP
any ideas guys?

thanks
Jeff

001Stunna

Reaction score
Wait wait wait.... These cars offered traction control?

Lol yes they did.

OP, any reference as to the noise?
ie. metal on metal grinding, screeching, chirp similar to belt chirp, etc

Also is there snow on the ground? ice? any actual reasons for your TC/ABS to go off?
Does the issue ever happen after the first few minutes of the day?

Could be they maybe tinkered with a wheel sensor somewhere but i'd think it would be always not only for the first few minutes.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Great. So now not only did my car not come with ABS or the seat airbags, but I didn't get traction control either :lawl:

Who knows how many more airbags I'm missing

001Stunna

Reaction score
Great. So now not only did my car not come with ABS or the seat airbags, but I didn't get traction control either :lawl:

I don't have side airbags either or TC lolz. Don't worry. & there is times I wish i didn't have ABS either. Annoys the hell out of me even on the smallest amount of snow in early morning drivers.

JetLife

Reaction score
Wait wait wait.... These cars offered traction control?
haha yeah dude! i love that switch esp in the rain and such oh and cant forget those races from a dig :lawl:
Lol yes they did.

OP, any reference as to the noise?
ie. metal on metal grinding, screeching, chirp similar to belt chirp, etc

Also is there snow on the ground? ice? any actual reasons for your TC/ABS to go off?
Does the issue ever happen after the first few minutes of the day?

Could be they maybe tinkered with a wheel sensor somewhere but i'd think it would be always not only for the first few minutes.
it sounds exactly like the tcs is trying to get traction. and as for the snow and ice zero. it cant be caused from the cold because tonight its like 50 degrees (perfect weather).. almost.

:gride:
Eh I'm not worried haha I just have a super base accord :lawl:

Good luck on finding the cause Jeff!
thanks man, dads calling up the mechanic soon.

JetLife

Reaction score
So my dad just took it out for spin to see what i was talking about.... luckily it acted up perfectly. almost every time we came to a stop my tcs would engage. Hes thinking its a sensor also. Calling bob (mechanic) up tomorrow, gonna try and get it fixed before saturday when i head down to UMD to rage face:hihi::beer:

619rcr

Reaction score
Have you tried pulling the ABS codes? ABS works hand in hand with traction control... Yes its probably a wheel sensor. Almost every ABS/Traction control problem I've run into at work is a broken wire to a sensor. But if you heard a noise it possible you had something come in contact with the sensor or the tone wheel around the axle. If you have time jack up the car & look at the tone wheels & sensors. Foreign material is often also attracted to sensors because of the magnets they have.
Good luck.

JetLife

Reaction score
Have you tried pulling the ABS codes? ABS works hand in hand with traction control... Yes its probably a wheel sensor. Almost every ABS/Traction control problem I've run into at work is a broken wire to a sensor. But if you heard a noise it possible you had something come in contact with the sensor or the tone wheel around the axle. If you have time jack up the car & look at the tone wheels & sensors. Foreign material is often also attracted to sensors because of the magnets they have.
Good luck.

ill give it shot right now and look. thanks

Back