Official 98-02 Accord PSPEC S.S installation

ogrady89

Reaction score
Thinking of buying one of those JTC units pretty soon. They seem like they are pretty solid. Does anyone who has one installed care to chime in about the part? Was it "worth" it? I can't stand the stock shift throw in this car anymore...

twofast4u

Reaction score
Thinking of buying one of those JTC units pretty soon. They seem like they are pretty solid. Does anyone who has one installed care to chime in about the part? Was it "worth" it? I can't stand the stock shift throw in this car anymore...

Definitely was worth it. I bought one of the first ones made. Definitely made a huge difference.

ogrady89

Reaction score
Definitely was worth it. I bought one of the first ones made. Definitely made a huge difference.

Great to hear. I just got a new OEM shift knob and shift boot (trying to restore the interior a bit) and might have to put one of these shifters under them both. :)

Anyone else care to chime in? All opinions welcomed.

umop-apisdn

Reaction score
So, Im pretty sure I broke the welded nuts on the underside of the car trying to take the four bolts holding the shifter assembly off. How do I fix it? Two bolts are free two are half free.

You'll have to crawl under the car to secure the shifter box during reassembly. It will be a two-person job now. One person threads the bolts while the other holds the nut(s) that were broke off.

I'm pretty sure the heatshield for the cat will be in the way, so that will have to come off.

phi1542

Reaction score
I need help asap how do I get this off. It says push retaining tab back idk what it's talking about in the DIY thanks

f8a0a1272b7ec9b5b0d63ad0c8ebd2a4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Back