Today's success/horror story

capsidx

Reaction score
So being poor as always I decided I wanted to move my battery​ to add more dynamic to the engine bay space. This resulted in a custom battery mount, a custom Intake and a stupid mistake that could have almost cost me my engine.

So I had two choices for the battery. Stick it in the car, dangerous af, or move to somewhere in the engine bay until I get the time and money for a relocation kit. I opted for the latter. I made a custom bracket to hold the battery in place from old radiator support brackets. Ended up working out quite nicely.

The intake was made from some test piping I had left over from my exhaust job. I found the new intake to be restrictive and will be modding my old Spectre intake to fit.

All went well until I went for a test drive...

Gas pedal felt weird and I assumed that was the cable, checked anyway. Cable was fine. Whatever... Went down the road and had complete pedal range of motion but I was in neutral at 5000 rpm. Wtf?!?!! Pulled over real quick, pulled the intake off to check the throttle plate because the motion felt weird on the throttle body.

I found a ball of paper that was stuffed inside the piping that made it's way to the intake. The guy who did my exhaust must have put it in there before he gave it back to me. Me being me, didn't check the piping first because I never do things like that lol.

Also the coolant overflow was relocated but I didn't get a picture

Anyways the moral is always check parts before you put them on your ride. It's worth the second look [emoji29]

5c99bff219bc2ec4bbca53846708324a.jpg
6d09e425ba9fa7b76276f29e229f9ee3.jpg
684efd67d1d68ad9826744c90ff10be1.jpg
b2da9ad003fc8f2faddd58741ff83f41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Connie

Reaction score
I guy in my auto shop in high school left a rag in an intake manifold after a head gasket job once. I think it was in a 4-cylinder Mazda MX-3. When he started it, it started right up, and immediately it looked like it was snowing in the shop. That car ran just fine after, too. Chewed that rag right up and spit it right back out, lol.

BTW, I love your super-ghetto intake.
I did all the intercooler plumbing on my Merkur with welded up sections of 2.5" exhaust pipe, too.

capsidx

Reaction score
Thanks man. I'm glad to know that you could toss a rag in and it would destroy it and keep on going lol. When you work on cars you have stories for months it seems. That ghetto intake ended up being so restrictive I could actually feel it choking the engine when I was driving. I ended up sawing the old one in half and using that because its like twice the diameter.

Next week I'll be making a battery box so stay tuned for that lol. I'll make sure it's out of old parts I have just to make it interesting . Buying stuff you can make it lame but I know my limitations. I don't think making a piston would be an option but if I could I would lol
caaf53fd4faad8660bb9badfab9ebe9d.jpg

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Screw a battery relocation kit. All it is is wires and splices. I can send you a big terminal block along with a bunch of 4 gauge wire if you pay shipping. Should be all you need besides your mount. Are you wanting to put the battery in the trunk?

capsidx

Reaction score
Yes, I'd love that lol. Less clutter in the engine bay is always good. Pm me when you get a chance?

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Back