f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

DBO867

Reaction score
Duuuude i just realized you had cipher seats. Hows the bracket fitment? Did you have to do any extra modding or was it direct fit?

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Duuuude i just realized you had cipher seats. Hows the bracket fitment? Did you have to do any extra modding or was it direct fit?

Hey DBO, Yes, I do! However I am looking for another driver seat. The cipher one, for me, is uncomfortable. I'm not sure on which thread I talked about this but I will say what I remember now and even a little more and follow up later on specifically which thread it was. I'm just on my phone right now and don't want to wait and forget some of the details later lol.
The bracket was custom made when I ordered the seats & took about 2 months to get them. I had to have my mom sit on the seat while I bolted it in, otherwise it wouldn't line up. The driver and the passenger seats feel different and are different. The passenger is smaller (would have been better for me because I'm a slim guy), the driver is bigger. Had to get another part of the seat sent out, honestly forget why. I think part of the seat (the top) wouldn't bolt on or something. Lastly, the seat comes in two parts, the seat and the torso and there is one bolt on the side connecting them. Sometimes I feel like this doesn't keep the seat straight. Other than that no modification needed. However, I had a friend initially helping me install the seats and he stripped a bolt, had to wrap it to get it to thread in the female part. I can post pictures of the seats later if it would help. Just let me know!

DBO867

Reaction score
Hey DBO, Yes, I do! However I am looking for another driver seat. The cipher one, for me, is uncomfortable. I'm not sure on which thread I talked about this but I will say what I remember now and even a little more and follow up later on specifically which thread it was. I'm just on my phone right now and don't want to wait and forget some of the details later lol.
The bracket was custom made when I ordered the seats & took about 2 months to get them. I had to have my mom sit on the seat while I bolted it in, otherwise it wouldn't line up. The driver and the passenger seats feel different and are different. The passenger is smaller (would have been better for me because I'm a slim guy), the driver is bigger. Had to get another part of the seat sent out, honestly forget why. I think part of the seat (the top) wouldn't bolt on or something. Lastly, the seat comes in two parts, the seat and the torso and there is one bolt on the side connecting them. Sometimes I feel like this doesn't keep the seat straight. Other than that no modification needed. However, I had a friend initially helping me install the seats and he stripped a bolt, had to wrap it to get it to thread in the female part. I can post pictures of the seats later if it would help. Just let me know!

Oh man, sounds like you have mixed feelings but more on the negative haha. But ive been looking into cipher seats for the longest, i was planning on purchasing the cpa1013 model. I believe its a copy of recaros for a fraction of the price. Ive seen videos on youtube, installation looks quite easy. And yea, i remember reading on the site, itll take atleast 2 weeks to start fabricating the bracket. But yea, if you can, can you post them or pm me pictures pleaelse. Whatever works for you. Its really hard to make a decision based off others. Im gonna have to locate a shop that sells em and go test seat em before i buy

rooky

Reaction score
Damn dude talk to me about them head light please I'm jealous. Post your comment here or else!:321:

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Oh man, sounds like you have mixed feelings but more on the negative haha. But ive been looking into cipher seats for the longest, i was planning on purchasing the cpa1013 model. I believe its a copy of recaros for a fraction of the price. Ive seen videos on youtube, installation looks quite easy. And yea, i remember reading on the site, itll take atleast 2 weeks to start fabricating the bracket. But yea, if you can, can you post them or pm me pictures pleaelse. Whatever works for you. Its really hard to make a decision based off others. Im gonna have to locate a shop that sells em and go test seat em before i buy

Yeah, I wish my passenger was my driver, it would be perfect! But yeah honestly, if you can find a shop with seats that would be better! That's actually what I've done in search of a new seat. There's a place by Orange County that have racing seats, it's called Race Technologies. I heard about it from a Subaru shop close by my house. Definitely don't solely make a decision based on me. I think it really has to do with body type/comfort. I'm 6'0 and 145lbs. I would take that into considerations do compare it with your own body type. But it would suck to get a seat and it not be comfortable. I'm dealing with it now, I'm constantly adjusting my seat trying to find comfort, but I've realized comfort isn't to be had with that seat, I NEED to find another and I will only buy one I have tried. I'm just going to have to make plans and make a trip to O.C.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Damn dude talk to me about them head light please I'm jealous. Post your comment here or else!:321:

Hahaha! I think I spoke about the headlights before on this thread or another. But anyway, here it goes. The headlights are made by spyder. However after having them professionally installed with HID's, the halos went out after like a week. It was seriously a pain to get them replaced, but eventually they finally did without a cost on my part. Originally they wanted me to pay a hold of the original amount before they would send me out a new set. I told another user, not sure who it was about them, that the halls went out AGAIN, but they've since gone back on again, lol. From time to time they will go out, I guess. I recommend you retofit, these are a bit of a headache!

DBO867

Reaction score
Yeah, I wish my passenger was my driver, it would be perfect! But yeah honestly, if you can find a shop with seats that would be better! That's actually what I've done in search of a new seat. There's a place by Orange County that have racing seats, it's called Race Technologies. I heard about it from a Subaru shop close by my house. Definitely don't solely make a decision based on me. I think it really has to do with body type/comfort. I'm 6'0 and 145lbs. I would take that into considerations do compare it with your own body type. But it would suck to get a seat and it not be comfortable. I'm dealing with it now, I'm constantly adjusting my seat trying to find comfort, but I've realized comfort isn't to be had with that seat, I NEED to find another and I will only buy one I have tried. I'm just going to have to make plans and make a trip to O.C.

Yea i just might have to call around or just better yet, make a visit to cipher auto themselves. Since its based in socal, i think haha. Honestly i want the comfort and looks of the 05-06 rsx seats. Had em in my integra and fell it love wit it. Theyre the perfect balance of comfort and style, my opinion anyways

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Just finished installing my TL Strut Bar, scroll to the bottom of my original post to see a little more about it and a picture! Thanks! Couldn't have done it without you guys. A special thanks to gsrteg, who's post I had open on my phone while doing the install!
:waytogo:

-Avery

Back