Spark Plugs

dave123

Reaction score
Hi-I have a 2000 honda accord v6 EX with 119K miles on it. The plugs are very worn (posible the original yet-its unknown since I just bought the car used)-my question is what was the OEM plugs used in this car by Honda?

dawg316

Reaction score
NGK plugs. japanese plugs

good thing is that there cheap to. spend the extra buck or 2 and get the NGK platinums. should be like $20 for 4.

dave123

Reaction score
Spark Plug change

HI-I am about to change plugs on my 2000 Honda accord EX v6, my question is are the NGK laser platinum worth the price or are the NGK IX Idr. plugs just as good, because they are a lot cheaper, but if they merit the price difference then I will put them in-just a dilemma I have and I need some advice-

Thanks in advance

dawg316

Reaction score
Re: Spark Plug change

HI-I am about to change plugs on my 2000 Honda accord EX v6, my question is are the NGK laser platinum worth the price or are the NGK IX Idr. plugs just as good, because they are a lot cheaper, but if they merit the price difference then I will put them in-just a dilemma I have and I need some advice-

Thanks in advance

ask 2 people and you will get 2 diffrent answers. in my experiance you can put in the cheaper plugs and still have them work great. the high end plugs just claim to go further per km/milage interval.

in the shop i never run the expensive *** plugs unless the customer states they want them. still servicing the same vehicles for a few years and the ngk idr are still fine. hell you can even use platinums if you want.

Back