My trip to Japan in Spring 2013

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
The Toyota Crown "taxi".....awesome.

Cool pics, Richard, thanks for sharing.

Even more desire to go to Japan as soon as possible.
Actually, old Crowns can be popular as taxi, but that one was rare. :boink:

You're welcome, Derek.

Like I said, look for the best timing (currency $ vs ¥), and have a blast!

I've always wanted to go. Of course, I don't know if I could control myself over there. I'd end up coming back with a R34, or a CB110 skyline
I won't stop you doing that, Evan lol.

so jealous

my wife said u went to all the tourist spots.. nice places, but pricey as F@ck.. she said u must be loaded :lawl:
I only lived in Japan for a few years when I was little, so the places I wanted to go were still popular places for tourists. :D

Perhaps she was thinking that by hearing how I was transporting myself from place to place. (And especially the last pic lol.) That's of course if I were to travel with the REGULAR PRICE tho. I used the thing called "Japan Rail Pass", which is something that allows you to ride 95% of the JR lines (including bullet trains) to everywhere in Japan for $300 for a week, which is an amazing deal. The pass is only for ppl who live outside of Japan, meaning you and your wife can do this, too. ;) Also, my aunt works for Delta Airline, and I flew there with a "stand-by ticket", meaning $500 for the round trip. ← SB tickets is never 100% gurantee that you'll fly on the day you want, but there's a chance to sit on a business class, if they're available. Thus, I'm not exactly loaded lol.
Uh, hellooo, his name is RICHard.

:coffee:
Haha, I'm just a barista who makes :coffee: through out the day lol. If I was loaded, I'd bring a set of Euro-R seats + strut bar & some quality JDM cat-back exhausts or something lol. ← (Well.. Technically I can, b/c there is the great invention called "Credit Cards", but my wife will slice me to death, if I really do that lol.)

i wanna go sooo bad!!! one day
If you have that in your mind, I'm sure you will one day. ;)

--------------

So, now that you guys know there is a sweeet thing called the Japan Rail Pass. Keep this somewhere in your mind that it is a VERY NICE WAY of visiting Japan to have a blast economically. :naughty:

Last but not least, buying items (excluding foods & services) over 10,000 yen (about $100 USD) at a major department store will be duty-free, which is a little bit of an advantage being a foreign traveler in Japan. :naughty:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I'm thinking we need a thread about travel, so that people can come back and let us know about the in's and out's of various places they visit.

JV6

Reaction score
lol makes me wanna go to local jap restaurant now and grill some bbq in the middle of the table! Thanks for sharing man, looks like you had an awsome time there!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
yeah, i know abt the japan rail pass... used it the last time i went haha... my wife couldn't get it tho once they saw her japanese passport :jae:

DrOwZee

Reaction score
I've always wanted to go to Japan when the sakura's are in blossom. One day ill make it out there. Thanks for sharing
:peace:

Steadycrusin401

Reaction score
The trip looked like a blast from the photos. The best ones imo was of the mountains and temple. How was the experience?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I'm thinking we need a thread about travel, so that people can come back and let us know about the in's and out's of various places they visit.
Strongly agreed. That will be very useful for all of us.

lol makes me wanna go to local JPN restaurant now and grill some bbq in the middle of the table! Thanks for sharing man, looks like you had an awsome time there!
Oops, I had to fix that lol. Yep, I had a great time. (Great amount of weight I gained, too lol.)

yeah, i know abt the japan rail pass... used it the last time i went haha... my wife couldn't get it tho once they saw her japanese passport :jae:
I bet you liked that deal tho, right? Waaat!? Your wife couldn't get it? I'm a naturalized US citizen & my wife is Japanese w/ greencard. She was able to get the pass tho. I really wonder why your wife couldn't... :thinking:

I've always wanted to go to Japan when the sakura's are in blossom. One day ill make it out there. Thanks for sharing
:peace:
I used to fully love going there in spring for sakuras. Now I get this pollen alergy, everytime I go there during this time of the year... And you're welcome. ;)

The trip looked like a blast from the photos. The best ones imo was of the mountains and temple. How was the experience?
Yeah, I had a blast but my wallet is nearly fried tho lol. The experience was very refreshing (the differences from U.S. ) It's always crowded everywhere you go within suburb areas, but people are sooo nice & discreet. You will feel like leaving a tip, no matter which store you'll be going into. (Fyi, there isn't such a system in JPN, even at a restaurant.)

Last edited:
Back