6GA Coupe Custom LED Retrofit Tail-Lights

Varnell

Reaction score
Are these for sale? I was under the impression that they were made for a single customer.

I'd definitely run them. I like the Charger look and it would flow well with my black/chrome.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
They're not mass-produced, but now that the first set has been made the person/company that made them can make a set for the next buyer easier & quicker. I'm sure they were over $1k+, but he offers lifetime warranties on his stuff so if an LED fails it's not really an issue.

The person/company does offer group buys...so that's absolutely realistic if you had 5+ people willing to dish out $1k+ on some taillights.

EckoHawker

Reaction score
Was surfing the net, and came across this:
http://hidillusionz.blogspot.com/2014/07/accord-coupe-custom-led-tail-lights.html

hidillusionz%201998-2002%20accord%20coupe%20custom%20led%20taillights%20retrofit%2007_zpszumssihw.jpg

hidillusionz%201998-2002%20accord%20coupe%20custom%20led%20taillights%20retrofit%2009_zpssghozel5.jpg

Yay? Nay? Sick? Rice?

Where can I buy these?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ What bdeitemeyer said.

LT warranty is good, but $1G eh..

Brad2274

Reaction score
his instagram is @skatingclaybird hes got a 6spd j32a2 turbo swap, and hes got some web cams for sale i think. I love his build but im not feeling the exterior at all.
Ive been planning to build some lights like his but i wanna use oem lights and red(or oem) lenses and do the outline in the led tubes i used on my retros

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ I bet you will need the heat gun for the center piece, b/c it won't fit into the regular kitchen oven? That'll be a fun project, for sure. ;)

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Contact Rich @ HIDIllusionz (http://hidillusionz.blogspot.com), he's a good guy that I can vouch for as he's completed several retrofit projects of mine (including the quad-projector setup).

Building lights like this @Brad2274 isn't impossible, but quite difficult. Making the boards, sourcing the LEDs, and making them aesthetically pleasing will be a PITA. I don't think Clay's tails have the "aesthetically pleasing" aspect perfected, but they're quite nice and look great when on. One of the OG owners Roger (AznFunkyFlip) built side-only tails that looked much better up close. Not sure if Roger wants me to go into detail or show close-ups of his tails that I have, but he definitely made them look as if they were an OEM setup despite them being a significant upgrade. Good luck if you pursue the project. I'd recommend finding 4 others & seeing what sort of discount you can get via a group buy order.

Back