car wont start,AEM EMS installed

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Having alot of problems with my car,Now my car wont start.Just rolls over.
The fuel pump does not whine/turn on-I replaced my main relay and still nothing.

1st there was an electric poping sound from the GM 3bar map sensor,after about 5 try car cranked and died few seconds later.

2nd now Im just getting 1 loud pop/click when turning the key ON only and letting it sit for a sec.

any ideas? I really dont want to pay for a tow truck to mess my low car up to get it to the shop..I dont know what to do..

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Now by pop do you mean backfire? Make sure that GM MAP sensor is working. We had a hell of a time trying to figure out why my buddys 240 wouldn't fire up. Turns out the wiring on the MAP sensor was bad and so was the sensor. You should be able to hook up your aem to a laptop and make sure that all the sensors are working properly.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Car cranks right up with OEM ECU plugged up.

EMS wont connect ..Says "ECU OFF LINE" flashing and I dont want to go buy another serial to usb cable..
So i may un connect my IC piping and limp it an hour to the shop on stock ECU..I dont know what else to do. Buy a new EMS...or go cheaper and chipped p28 conversion to obd1.i dont know :(

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Sounds like an error in the way your ECU is syncing with the car itself, honestly. There is a particular way to turn it on if these problems occur, and a particular way to sync it. Just try tweaking around with it, or I can call you and we can try going through it together. I got AEM Pro on my laptop so I can follow right along.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Nikita I will call you tmr,Im going to go back to Mirco center and pick up another cable that people swear by IOgear or something along those lines.And will try again once my company leaves around 1ish pm.

In the mean time,if you have time could you search if theres away I can get the EMS to activate my fuel pump-thats why its not firing-Im getting no fuel with the EMS.
But fuel pump primes normal and cranks instantly with OEM ECU plugged up!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Definitely a syncing issue then it sounds like man. Try getting that new Serial-to-USB cable and see if that works. If I have time I'll look on www.aempower.com forums and see if anyone else has experienced this.

It depends on how you sync the EMS to your car, for it to work properly and thus activate everything properly. Has there been a time when the AEM EMS is reading and synced to your car, but the fuel pump still fails to work? In this case it would be a programming issue which the forums may shed light on. If the pump doesn't work only when the EMS refuses to sync with the car and read properly, then it's just a straight up sync issue.

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
All I know is the car cranked and drove decent after install,then after tune it still fired..It sat in the garage for 24hours untouched,and this problem occurs. I updated my AEMpro driver and about to update this driver for this "QVS" 12Mbps usb to serial adapter.
Will try the sync process again in the morning,if not Ill go spend another 30/40$ on another serial cable.

The 1st time the tuner was unable to connect,installed the driver that came with EMS and restarted and connected fine after reboot.-I forgot the cable he told me to get tho.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Unless somehow the cable you got is factory defective, it should work fine. It's all in what steps you take doing what from beginning to end of the sync process. Also, there may be software bundled with the cable that needs to be installed, at least my GigaWare one had that, best $33 spent at RadioShack after instant rebate, $43 regularly.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I went to radio shack few hours ago and they didnt have any serial to USB,because Iv heard those work.

I cant find new drivers for my cable..hmm..19.99$ pos.lol

Back