DIY- LX 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
yeah it should if its the rear, thats the only way they come after kord cleared that up for me.

But i just ordered mine from advance auto parts & paid $120 for two. I dont think if its a big deal if you dont use oem bearings, there basically all the same.

And thanks Kord for clearing that up for me, i got the spindle laying at my feet & I fail to see the damn ball joint at the bottom. answer clear as day and i fail to see it until i saw your response.

I wonder whats the reason I hear so much noise from the back of the car then ? cant possibly be the rear sway bar bushings, guess i'll have to wait & see.

Wait a minute if the 4 lug drum spindle can hold 5 lug hub then I shouldnt even bother taking out the rear spindles

Last edited:

redlinevtec

Reaction score
well I didn't do the 5 lug conversion, but I did do the disc swap conversion from ugly drums. I got two sets of 4 lug disc swaps for $75 each total. $150 for both sets. one for me & one for my boy 99accordboi. knuckles, spindles, brake lines, calipers w/old rotors & pads (replaced with brembo blanks and ebc green stuff), struts and springs & ebrake cables. ;)

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
thats a good deal. so far ive spent
$150 on the spindles(came with calipers, sensors, good brakes, rotors r rusty)
$75 on 05 tsx wheels
$100 on 4 rotors and
$120 on rear hubs. just missing front bearings, brake lines, lower bj's and tires. Think ive down pretty good so far

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
can i just swap the drums for disk on 4 lug because i have nice 4 lug rims if so can i get a list of parts and do they make rotors for our cars that are bigger and require no modification at all. thanks!

redlinevtec

Reaction score
can i just swap the drums for disk on 4 lug because i have nice 4 lug rims if so can i get a list of parts and do they make rotors for our cars that are bigger and require no modification at all. thanks!

Yeah definitely. That's what I did. And no, if you want bigger rotors your going to have to buy a new caliper. The rears are the same as the V6 caliper wise, but the fronts are the ones your going to want to swap out. Most your braking is in the front either way. If your going to keep your 4 lug rims, make sure it's going to fit (which most likely it will depending on which caliper you go with). You have a few choices, you can do legend calipers (pretty hard to come by) teggy type-r or prelude calipers.

and don't worry about using a disc proportioning valve. i'm still using my drum proportioning valve with no problems so far just doing the 4 lug disc from drum swap.

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
Yeah definitely. That's what I did. And no, if you want bigger rotors your going to have to buy a new caliper. The rears are the same as the V6 caliper wise, but the fronts are the ones your going to want to swap out. Most your braking is in the front either way. If your going to keep your 4 lug rims, make sure it's going to fit (which most likely it will depending on which caliper you go with). You have a few choices, you can do legend calipers (pretty hard to come by) teggy type-r or prelude calipers.

and don't worry about using a disc proportioning valve. i'm still using my drum proportioning valve with no problems so far just doing the 4 lug disc from drum swap.

oh ok what parts do i need

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
oh ok what parts do i need

the rear spindle, hub and bearing (comes together), brake rotor, brake lines, e brake cables, calipers, and pads.

also, if you want to have slightly larger brakes up front while staying 4 lug, without having to worry about **** fitting, you can go with 96 prelude vtec rotors and oem accord v6, or legend, calipers. the legend ones are better because theyre dual piston. the vtec prelude rotors are the same size as the accord v6 rotors, but theyre 4 lug...so theyll swap onto your car easier than 5 lug brake rotors. haha. the rotors are also about 1" larger than oem i4 accord front rotors. if you do do this as well, make sure you get the vtec specific rotors for the prelude, the non vtec ones are different.​

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Go find an accord with rear disc brakes.

/done

Back