H22 Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkaccord20

Reaction score
Wats up everybody? If I fully built an H22 how much whp could i get out of it? Im not sure if i want to go all motor or build and boost. how much could i get out of it if i build and boost? I would be swapping the H22 into my 98 accord sedan. I appreciate any suggestions and all replys.

Last edited:

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
Guessing hp's numbers on future mods isn't very accurate. The real way to know is to modify it and then dynotest it. But, with a normal turbo setup **read not a fully built** on a stock H22, at 7-8psi can easily goes up to around 240whp with good tuning. That's good for a 6th gen.

theaccordian

Reaction score
if youre looking to turbo, Id look into another engine besides the H22, more of an NA motor IMO. stick with your f23, bullet proof it, then up the boost.

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
man, h22's are moody, i have seen some with i.h.e make 190 and some make 150, its all on the condition, we built one and custom fab'd an exhaust mani for it in an eg and it made 220 whp... so i meen they will make the power but the aftermarket support is just now starting to grow..

theaccordian

Reaction score
also due to the recent numbers demon5spd is supposedly putting out NA on his F23, Im seriosuly debating if the money and work is worth it for the h22.

retroshark

Reaction score
well, heres what you can expect....

a stock h22 will make like 170-180 to the wheels.

with boltons, expect about 190-200 if you really do a lot of head work and stuff.

if you go full n/a and get cams and high comp pistons and the appropriate block work, you could make about 250-260 whp n/a but at high compression...

for the same price, you could build the motor for boost and then put money into a good turbo kit and be well into the 300's. if you had forged internals and new sleeves, the motor could be good to 500hp if you built it...

however, if you built the f23 with forged internals and new slevees, you could boost at 20 pounds and be in the 400's no problem, and never worry about having to replace a 2000 dollar stock engine. you would need a few hundred and bamm, another f23

Jefften10

Reaction score
Building an engine is just something that you decide you want to do one day, and you go out and buy it. Engine work takes months if not years of research, a big budget, and lots of time and dedication. I hope that you ask more questions and research alot more before you try anything. Just my 2cents.

retroshark

Reaction score
lol actualyl thats pretty far from the truth. if you know what you want, most of the time you can follow something thats been done alredy. yea you need to follow the basic rules and always use the proper tools, but you can do pretty much anythign you like to build the engine if you just do it the proper way.

also, a full f23 build with sleeving and internal forged parts ,youd only be paying about 3000 in parts and tools and the labor you cant do yourself. hell, my built motor getting built for me and with a new block is going to cost about 2700-2900 at the most. and thats all forged parts, benson sleeves and labor and shipping. it jsut takes some skill to do and time and space, which i dont have at college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back