Easy way to remove the heated seat switches without removing enitre center console?

sandydoull

Reaction score
Yeah the question is in the title, I am only looking to replace the backlight bulbs in the switches (heated seat).

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Re: Easy way to remove the heated seat switches without removing enitre center consol

Pic? I got a 00 V6-EX, and no heater.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: Easy way to remove the heated seat switches without removing enitre center consol

Disassembling the center console isn’t hard, you just have to be patient. Remove cupholder, remove shift bezel trim, remove console panel. Then reach under the cubby, unplug the harnesses, and remove the switches. Or remove the panel under the radio (4 clips), then remove the cubby (screws) for easier access.

Last edited:

sandydoull

Reaction score

Here's a picture from the workshop manual, the switches are just in front of the shifter by the cigarette lighter...I wondered if there was a quick and easy way of popping the switches out? (I can't bothered removing the console twice... once to check what kind of bulb to order then a second time to install the bulb)

PS My car is a 1998 model

xci.ed6

Reaction score

No, pics hard to id, but normal time should be ~1 minute.

Thing w/ cup holders, pop up, ~30 sec
Storage area to reach wires/release, ~30 sec, maybe w/ a couple screws

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Go to your dealer parts desk and have them inform you of what bulb type it is, and order them.

Or, leave everything loose after you take it apart the first time.

sandydoull

Reaction score

1- my dealer is a 4 hr drive away, 2- I live in the middle of nowhere in sweden so no autoparts store are going to have these in stock but thanks anayway:)

sandydoull

Reaction score
Easy way to remove the heated seat switches without removing enitre center co...

Got it, has to remove cupholders, shifter trim rest of trim around the shifter area, then two screws and i was able to remove the storage bin including the switches, then unscrew the cigarette lighter and disconnect the connector then disconnect the switches then I was able to pull the compartment free and get at the switches here's some pics for anyone that's interested

Brad2274

Reaction score

ill trade you my car for that tourer or aerodeck :hide:

Back