White6GAV6's Coupe (Updated: 04/30/2015) (56k nono)

White6GAV6

Reaction score
They're custom machined. Had to cut out my hood bracing for it to work. Don't the j32 sit higher up already? So I doubt you would be able to get that much more clearance to be worth it.

Most of the be guys run thin skid plates, like road sign thickness. Of course that's not going to do anything besides protect again surface stratches. If you have a thick plate and room between the pain and plate, you have nothin be to worry about. As long as it's secured. Never had a problem with aluminum 3/16 until it was super thin and a year of heavy hits later.

Varnell

Reaction score
Yea, I've been using hood spacers. I'd have to cut the hood bracing for sure. Switching to the J37 IM could remedy that and let me (and the engine) breathe easier. If you're satisfied with yours I'd prefer to have them make another set. Do they ship, or would you consider shipping them?

True, but what I was reading on there was no matter what the skid plate, a hard enough hit and the skid plate will be fine but the oil pan will burst under pressure. One guy even said his drain bolt shot off.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
The shop is right next to my house, so I can talk to them about. You would have to tell me what thickness you need them to be and I can get a quote off them.

Varnell

Reaction score
Thanks that'd be awesome, man. I'll check my clearances after I get out of class today and get back to you.

Varnell

Reaction score
I'll just go with the same ones you did, for the sake of simplicity. 5/8" spacers will make me feel a little more comfortable, allow me to put a skid plate, and take some stress off my axles.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Someone I know is selling some work wheels that I'm interested in. Only problem is I don't think I can fit specs this aggressive. 17x11 -13 and 17x12 -13. Do you think there's a good chance it could be done stock body on a sedan without just being terrible. This would not be a daily driver. My spring rates are 16k front and 14k rear on my 4 cylinder.

Varnell

Reaction score
They may fit, but it'll take a good bit of work. From what I remember, sedans have a little less room to work with in the rear. I cut slits into my inner wheel well and engine bay. He can put his entire foot on his tire through the engine bay. You'll also need a complete roll and good bit of pull to avoid needing fender flares.

His wheels were 18x11 -6 all around, by the way. You'll most likely be fighting the battle between keeping the camber positive enough so the inner barrels don't hit the coilovers and negative enough so you clear the fenders.

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
They may fit, but it'll take a good bit of work. From what I remember, sedans have a little less room to work with in the rear. I cut slits into my inner wheel well and engine bay. He can put his entire foot on his tire through the engine bay. You'll also need a complete roll and good bit of pull to avoid needing fender flares.

His wheels were 18x11 -6 all around, by the way. You'll most likely be fighting the battle between keeping the camber positive enough so the inner barrels don't hit the coilovers and negative enough so you clear the fenders.

I was wondering if sedans had less room in the rear. I knew it would be a lot of work but I wanted something pretty crazy. This seems a little too crazy haha. I would also rather have 18s anyways so I'll keep looking at wheels. My other friend has 18x9.5+38 and 18x10.5+17 work vs-xx. They're 4x114.3 and some wheel specs I really like (the front isn't as aggressive as I would like) but I think the work vs-xx is a little too common now.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
What Varnell said is true. It would be really hard to accomplish stock body. My rears were 11 -14, so 1mm more than the fronts of those wheels, and it was pretty destructive. Inner barrel would hit the coil overs, and the lips would scrape the fenders. I would say to pass on them.

VS-XX are common, but they are amazing looking wheels. You could always go with those, put the rears up front and relip the fronts for the rears. That's the nice thing about 3-piece wheels.

Those are the same spring rates I was running also.

cmeaux

Reaction score
Hi, what was the offset of the ccw wheels. I'm about to put 18x12 with -5 offset in the rear. Do you think it is possible. Thanks

Back