Cheap Ultimate Water Spot Remover for Glass

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been dealing with hard water spot on my windows for a while now. I tried the vinegar water solution, rubbing compound, ultimate compound, M105, M205..and the list goes on and on. These products really did nothing to get rid of the water spots but smear the windows and required a lot of effort for minimum results.

IMG_1060.jpg

Today, with a help from various car detailing forums, I purchased a product that works. It's cheap, easy to use, very effective and my windows are looking super clean and fresh.

Product: Bar Keepers Friend
Cost $1.79

IMG_1063.jpg

This product comes in a powder solution. All I did was dump some of the solution on a cup and mix some water to make a paste. Let it sit for like a min and take either a foam applicator or a microfiber towel to apply.

IMG_1064.jpg

1. Clean the window
2. Wet the surface you want to apply the solution
3. Apply the paste solution with foam applicator or microfiber towel ( wear gloves and keep the solution away from plastic/rubber trim)

IMG_1062.jpg

( you will hear and feel like your sanding the glass.. it's the product dissolving the hard water minerals )
4. Wash the solution off with clean water and or glass cleaner with a MF towel.
5. Repeat on other windows if needed.

Last edited:

J30MAN

Reaction score
My buddy's brother has been looking for something to clean up the water spots on his MKZ windows. Thanks! Rep

Go!

Reaction score
+Rep Im going to have to try this thing

On a semi-related note,

what is the best way to clean water spots inside a car?

Im tired of every morning having spots inside my car and have to go back with windex and paper towels. Is there any easier way?

cjsaccord

Reaction score
I'm definitely doing this week, what stores usually carry this product?
My windows are a eye sore..:mad:

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
+Rep Im going to have to try this thing

On a semi-related note,

what is the best way to clean water spots inside a car?

Im tired of every morning having spots inside my car and have to go back with windex and paper towels. Is there any easier way?

How are you getting water spots inside your vehicle? Do you leave the windows down?

wait so you still have your accord?

Nope, this is my Fit.

I'm definitely doing this week, what stores usually carry this product?
My windows are a eye sore..:mad:

I picked it up at Target. It was on the cleaning isle for $1.79.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
You think this process would work for the water spots on the outer black vertical door trim? (between the front and rear doors)

My car has so many water stains and finger stains in that area, I'm sick of looking at it

Back