Wasted my time at a salvage yard.(rant)

ActNow

Reaction score
Today I call the local salvage yard looking for a cg5 they got 98' just yesterday. Most of you can agree that finding a 6thgen in a salvage yard is rare especially when you need the parts. I pack my tools and head over there. I was just going to see if I could salvage the rear door handles to replace my cars front ones to achieve the clean look without the keyholes. I got real excited when I found the Accord because it also had an OEM L.E.D. spoiler. Since it was my first time disassembling door panels and such it took me awhile.

I finished up and took my parts to the front desk. The employee asked what car I removed these from. When I told her she said,"oh dear I'm sorry sir we can't sell you those parts!" :eekwtf: Why not? The Yard just found out that the junk car was supposed to be delivered to another Yard. For all the trouble it caused me, they gave me store credit for the amount the parts would have cost me, $36.47. If I had only went there sooner or left with the parts earlier. Damn that blows huh?:squintfinger:

CHID0

Reaction score
i always lie when they ask what car it came from....I always say i got it from some GM car never an import.

Jeffro

Reaction score
Should have put the door handles in your tool box and paid for the spoiler. So then you're only out the spoiler.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I always call first to ask what cars they have, if certain parts are still intact etc. Seems to work. Infact, usually i can get them to take them off for me at no charge and pick them up, or they have something laying around. That's what i do, never had an issue.

I haven't ever bought parts for my accord from a yard yet though. I think i'm going to try to find door panels soon because i'm not content with my DIY suede and i did damage one panel slightly but noticeably in the process. I'll see what happens then.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i always get something from a junkyard, even if they dont have cgs

ActNow

Reaction score
It took me 40 mins or so, just longer than i expected. The car had already been picked of a few parts thats how i could tell. All your ideas sound great but I'm a little slow to think on my feet and usually just tell the truth. You win some, I lose alot.:darryl:

Back