Best OEM Filter For f23 S2000 ?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I always used honda filters and oil. I always trust honda engineers, as long as they dont let the americans intervene.........:hide:

In example, our wonderful automatic 6thgen trannies...

low430

Reaction score
*Content Removed*
The feeling of contribution is not mutual.
I'm sorry to have offended anyone, I will not to post anything on this site.

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
Here's what I've heard:

The Japan-made Honda filters are of better quality than the US-made ones. They ae not subbed out to Fram, I believe the US ones are made by Hamp or Wix.

There are 2 different sized filter with the same thread and o-ring seal diameter that will fit the F block. I do not know the Honda part number, but I do know that the higher capacity M1-105 Mobil1 filter will fit our M1-104 filter F blocks. The M1-105 is designated for the J series engines, but will fit perfectly on the F block.

From what I've read, higher capacity filters flow more oil, faster leaded to a lower pressure loss through the filter. Higher pressure equals better oiling. Also, the higher capacity filters cool oil faster than the standard sized ones. I read this on a CBR forum while I was bored one day...

I think all Honda filters are universal, except for the Teggy GSR B block, S2000 F20C & F22C, and one other I can't think of...

Jeffro

Reaction score
I've read several places that Fram currently has the contract for "Honda" filters, but I also read they don't make them to save money like the store-bought Fram filters.

If you want to see a really long and in-depth write-up on various types of filters including PureOne, Fram, and Honda's OEM Filter, Click Here.

You can still feel free to draw your own conclusions, but there are some interesting reviews and pictures of the filters cut open there.

Personally, I've used Purolator for probably 150,000 miles on my car. Honda filters before that and a few upper level Fram Filters as well in the early days of changing my own oil. With over 230,000 miles, I've never noticed a difference when I change them on time, and I've never had a problem with my engine. Period.

finch13

Reaction score
I've heard from the techs at HondaAccordForum that the Wal-Mart brand "SuperTech" filters are good quality and made by Wix. So if you really want to cheap out, I'd go witht he SuperTech over FRAM any day.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I always use whatever is on sale when I change my own oil, and I never had any problems with my car just like Jeffro.

I don't know why people feel the need to over analyze something as simple as an oil filter, just use whatever Honda recommends and you'll be fine.

Again.......Honda Engineers > You

Back