Best OEM Filter For f23 S2000 ?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
In my 15 or so years of changing oil, I have always used Fram filters, and have never had an issue with quality or performance.

finch13

Reaction score
Did you miss the part that Fram makes Honda Filters, or were you just choosing to ignore it?

I was talking about the FRAM-brand filters (the orange ugly ones). They've been cut open and shown that they use cardboard for parts and the check valve is made out of plastic and no gasket. I'd much rather have the peace of mind knowing my filter doesn't have cardboard and uses a stamped steel valve with a rubber gasket.

The fact that Honda has contracted FRAM to make their filters is a different topic. Even if FRAM does make Honda filters, I would put it on my engine. FRAM has to build their filters to Honda's QA specs and FRAM likely used the model engineered by Honda or whomever, instead of wasting money to "reinvent the wheel."

So, to reiterate my point, Honda filters made by Fram should by all means be good quality. On the other hand, I wouldn't waste my money on a Fram-brand oil filter, especially as oil change intervals keep increasing.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In my 15 or so years of changing oil, I have always used Fram filters, and have never had an issue with quality or performance.

Werd...

A lil FYI - All honda oil filters are interchangeable except for one engine I believe, cant remember off the top of my head.

Back