Picking My Color

AFAccord

Reaction score
Jason, have you looked at some colors like BMW's Frozen Bronze Metallic (satin finish) or Sepang Bronze (glossy)? I think those colors are stunning and different. The Frozen Bronze Metallic is "colder" than most bronze colors, and kind of fits in that middle ground you're looking for.

I think the satin looks great too, but I'm sure you could spray a traditional gloss on it as well.

Yeah man, I have. That first photo of frozen bronze is money, but the color shifts with a different clear coat, and the Sepang bronze is way too brown. Plus most of those BMW colors are multi-stage, and can get expensive.

I think I've decided to go with good ole' Honda Galaxy Gray Metallic. After seeing some other vehicles painted that color, I think it has just enough bronze to not be plain gun-metal, while not looking like a light brown. I'll be looking into new wheels as well, but probably sticking with a polished finish either way.

29e0ba16.jpg

592aca86.jpg

3383275d.jpg

b698c952.jpg

ec29b530.jpg

87e25d13.jpg

154bcd64.jpg

AFAccord

Reaction score
Went to the paint shop today and had them mix one pint of Galaxy Gray Metallic, and one pint of Galaxy Gray with a gold mica pearl. Hope to spray a door jam or two this weekend if the weather holds up. Can't wait to see how these turn out!

AFAccord

Reaction score
Sprayed my driver's side mirror tonight with the standard Galaxy Gray, and I really like it so far. I had some difficulty getting the propellant to spray evenly at first, but I was able to wipe up the runs with a tack cloth and respray it right away with very little issue. The base went on very nicely, and already has a bit of a gloss sheen to it. I'll try to prep the passenger mirror tomorrow and spray it with the gold mica pearl. Once they both have base coats, I can crack open the two-part clear and give them some gloss. I'll post pics tomorrow of the driver's mirror in some good light once it's had a chance to cure a bit.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Finished both mirrors and cleared them. Apparently the gold pearl that was added was WAAAY too much. I might have them mix another pint with maybe 1/4 of the pearl of this last time.

The regular Galaxy Gray looks really good in the day light. It's much brighter than in these photos. I'll try to get some outside photos tomorrow.

DSC_3662.jpg

DSC_3664.jpg

DSC_3666.jpg

DSC_3672.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Driver's side mirror looks best.

The passenger side is a bit too gold.

Nice work with the painting though.

Back