new here

ugafan001

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hey. I own a 1992 and 93 accord ex and been a member of the cb7 community for i cant tell how long. I recently purchased a 2000 accord for 500 wich i am gonna rebuild transmission wich labor is free an let my son drive it for high school. Cars in decent shape motor and body are good except for some hail dents. I have personally worked on car so i know the person i got it from. Anyway will be looking thru the site hopefully getting some ideas an stuff for car. I love cb7tuner an hope this site is as informative.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome, there is a wealth of info on this site and I think you will find it quite helpful. Of course with Photobucket screwing everyone over a lot of the pictures are gone. Anyway checkout the DIY section, or just search for anything you need.

ugafan001

Reaction score
Thanks yeah its the same on cb7 site alot of pics gone so use to it lol

Connie

Reaction score
Welcome!

I'm only here because my 6GAs cost me $800, $700, $400 and $200 (last two are parts cars)

Bought my first one, a white 2002 V6 coupe for $700 5 years ago. It's such a perfect highway cruiser. If you keep up on maintenance, they'll look after you for ridiculous amounts of miles. Sounds like you know that.

My car before the white 6th gen was a blue 92 cb7, actually. I traded an old refrigerator for it, drove it to Mexico and back, put another 30k on it commuting over the next 6 months, and then sold it for $500. That old thing never let me down, actually made me money, and the most major thing I ever had to replace was brakes. Since then, I've been driving Hondas.

Zachhiland

Reaction score
It seems like I'm not the only one who loves the cb7s and 6gas...I'm new here as well, I've always read forums but never actually got involved.i too got my accord for a steal.well I thought it was until I decided I needed this and that and this hahaha

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Welcome. I'm here because I was trying to get some info on the Automatic Transmission used in these cars. I bought a 2000 Accord LX sedan with AT for my wife in mid November of 2014, and she's been driving it since. I paid 2K for it then with 217K on it, and didn't think twice about it. She loves it, and I keep after it. So far I've replaced the brake and fuel lines underneath it, along with front brakes and tires all around, replaced the timing belts (should be done every 60K) and the water pump along with the EGR valve (and cleaning the EGR port), and sway bar bushings and end links. Needless to say I was mostly trying to get some of the maintenance stuff caught up. It's got 237K+ on it now

It was after I'd been on Honda Accord Forums web site, that I found that supposedly there's some kind of problem in the AT of 98-2002 Accords, so I found this site and started digging around. About that same time I decided to stick around (I'm not on as often as I used to be due to work, as it's my busy season) as it's a very friendly site, and lots of good info can be found.

Last October, I bought a 99 Accord LX sedan w/5 speed for myself (I prefer to shift gears myself) for 350 bucks. It had needs engine and the sellers phone number on it. Called the number, and met him the next day and bought it. It did run, but just barely. Found that the main bolt for the harmonic balancer had backed out, and chewed up the key slot in it. Bought a new balancer (with key), and reset the timing as it had retarded itself (why it barely ran), and it ran great with no expensive noises to be heard. Ordered up a timing belt kit and installed it a week later, along with ordering up all of the hoses and lines to repair the power steering leak. Next on my list of things to do was replace the fuel tank. Following Connie's well written instructions in the DIY forum on here, I dropped the rear subframe assembly out and replaced the fuel tank. I've been driving it since. This was another car that needed it's maintenance caught up on, and most of it is at this point. It still needs exhaust work, and a cat converter, but that might get done over the winter, or next spring (depends on whether or not I sell my 97 Accord LX 5 speed car that I bought in March of 2016, or my 99 Chevy S-10 Texas truck).

Sorry if I got long winded there, but I was just trying to point out that most of these cars mainly need some maintenance caught up, and they become excellent cars. This evening I spent some time polishing up the original DEP paint on the 99 Accord. The car looks great when cleaned up.:love:

Last edited:
Back