black oil stuff splashed inside of wheel well...

nexTOme

Reaction score
i took out wheels the other day to install lip kits, and i noticed there was lots of lots of black oil stuff all over my rim(inside).

i thought instantly something was leaking, because about a week ago, i had ran over somthing on the freeway. it was pretty big and irregular shape, i couldnt tell what it was, i cant even guess what it was. so i looked nearby parts to see where it was leaking from, but i couldnt locate n e thing with leakage. so then i thot that "something" i had ran over had that black oil, which tranfered to my rims and etc. so i washed my rim.

but today, i just went out to trash some boxes from work, i noticed same black oil stuff is all over my rims again, and some splashed outside of the rim.

now it is for sure that there is leaking, but n e idea where could it be? i will take some pictures with wheels taken off...

nexTOme

Reaction score
balljoint

does your car make squeaky sounds at low speeds?
squeaky sound.....ummmm it does make some kind of noisy when i brake, in the back.....so thats the back drum brake...and its not the shock.....

so far, its not making squeaky noise at low speed....

hard to say without pictures...did it have a smell?

smell......hmm let me check.....

jccg5

Reaction score
maybe is the shock ?? leaking and drain down to your rim ?? well idk ..but maybe is that "SOMETHING" u run over is squirr that stuff to your upper bumper and is slowly leaking down ?? maybe ut hope ya find out bro !!

nexTOme

Reaction score
i thot that "something" i ran over had squirted that black thing on my car, i hope....eh....

but it still is splashed over my rim/axel, so i think its from my car, something leaking.....

ima pick up a jackstand on my way to home and find out what it is...of course ill post some pictures too...

but jsut wondering, would it be safe to drive on freeway with balljoint ripped or n e thing ripped? i dont think n e thing is "broken"....sigh....driving 50mi just to get home from work FTL....:sad:

Back