New wheel color

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Red paint on wheels was chipping pretty bad so i thought i would plastidip them red
image_zpsd5f0547f.jpg

but apparently it was too cold in my shop and it clumped together so i couldn't get a nice even spray and cover up with chipping
image_zps15084c23.jpg

So i had some tiffany blue paint laying around and decided to do something new (had to use 2 2x4s just to jack it up and im not even that low lol)
image_zps775f859c.jpg

and I like it a lot more than i expected to. It gives it in my opinion a nice clean less aggressive look while still being an attention ***** :)
Car needs washed and will take some better pics soon. Will probably keep this color for a little bit. Give me some feedback! good or bad.
image_zps4f432406.jpg

Finally washed it lol
image_zps0792d76a.jpg

image_zpscd88d504.jpg

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score
color looks good, maybe degrease and tire shine the tires and the wheels might pop more.
btw part of the reason you weren't getting an even spray was probably because of the angle you held the can, for the best spray the can must be vertical and shaken every minute(talking about rattle cans in general) standing the wheels on the edge of a table so you can keep the index cards would work well

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Thanks! And yeah I haven't had time to clean my car lol. It wasn't the technique it was actually because of how cold it was that the paint was like a slushy even with constantly shaking the can. So once spring rolls around ill probably switch back to red.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Looks good, but I think I liked the red color more. Complemented the black a bit better

Back