A little caliper bling

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Well since my car is so far away from being worthy of starting a members ride thread and I'm taking it slow, I figured I'd post here.

Anyway, the other day I prepped and painted my acura legend calipers and T23 brackets. I used VHT primer, VHT burnt copper engine paint, accord decals(claiming to be high temp vinyl) under dupli color hi temp clear coat.

This is my first time painting calipers but criticism is welcome. Enjoy

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
Dude that looks really cool! I am hopefully swapping to five lug soon and was thinking of doing something like this to the Prelude calipers I'm getting. I want to paint them red and maybe get a black accord vinyl.

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Thanks guys! If I were going 5 lug, I most likely would have went with the RL upgrade but I'm staying 4 lug for now because I really like my wheels and my car is slow, these should stop me just fine :)
As for the decals, there is a guy on ebay that sells them and the curvature is perfect. I was going to have them made local but found these at the last minute.
I have to do the rears next so I can do the rear disk conversion. They are gonna require some work.
Thanks for the kind words

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great, personally i would have sanded down the caliper to give it a nice smooth look otherwise it kinda looks like it has a ridiculous amount of orange peel.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Not that I disagree, but it takes forever to get these calipers smooth. I think his final product looks good.

Nice work, I hope it all holds up. Btw the whole point of a MR thread is document and show progress. ;)

cmgreensr

Reaction score
^Not that I disagree, but it takes forever to get these calipers smooth. I think his final product looks good.

Nice work, I hope it all holds up. Btw the whole point of a MR thread is document and show progress. ;)

I would agree, but I bought the car as a $300 wreck and it's close to a thread, just not quite ready to put it together. Hopefully in a few weeks.

And yeah, there was NO way I was tryin to sand these smooth lol

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

I still think it came out great and I agree, it would take forever to sand smooth. Its just one of those minor things that would bug me.

Back