*Slammed Thread* (56k)

xci.ed6

Reaction score
when they wear almost out, flip 'em around! You get twice as many miles from a tire, when you use half at a time :p

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
So my guess, with camber as extreme as I've seen it about 5,000mi per side. Roughly 10,000 per tire, out of a 50K-70K rated tire. :lawl:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
wow, 50k mile tire! I run camber and toe in spec (barely!), and I'll be happy to get 25k!

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Camber wear isnt super bad, if anything it's camber with toe that kills.

I agree to a point. Usually if your camber is past -3, you should expect significant camber ware; even with the toe zeroed out. Some of these cars are waaaay more than that. I've seen some cars around here that have a inch of contact to the road. There is no way they are not seeing massive camber ware.

wow, 50k mile tire! I run camber and toe in spec (barely!), and I'll be happy to get 25k!

True, hence the "rated" I decided to toss in there. I was exaggerating to prove a point. If I didn't take the canyon as much I would think I can hit 35k-40k out of a set but I agree I usually hang around 25k or so. With my old truck I was getting about 40k out of each set, no aggressive driving and spec'd alignment, running all terrains. Plus I rotate my tires every oil change.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Camber doesn't really mess with the handling as muchas you think. With my car at -8 front and -10.5 rear, the car drives straight as an arrow when the toe is set to 0. As long as your toe is good, your tires don't really wear out quick. My rear, at -10.5 degrees, were still like brand new after 2k miles. No sign of wear. Granted, that is only 2k miles, but camber doesn't kill tires like everyone makes it seem. Also, with camber, you're not really buying expensive tires or tires that are performance orientated. Just buy ones that are cheap and easy to stretch usually.

Different strokes for different folks. That's all there is too it. I love performance builds and "track stance" as much as the next guy, but I love the stance look and lifestyle along with it.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
too good not to post!!
11046201_865339803505488_5762272535502986677_n.jpg

xci.ed6

Reaction score
hmm, when I see that, mmm, more mesh (on the wheels), I think I'd like something like that...

Back