Mission Impossible:Get to NA 150 WHP:Do you accept?

cdubb77

Reaction score
Yeha, let an exhaust shop take care of your exhaust. The bar looks great.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
whered you get the comptech TL bar from? and did you need to buy the mounts separately for it? or did it just bolt right in like it should?

theaccordian

Reaction score
I got the tl bar off of ebay I think the ebay store was called acura of lynwood. I think you can get one from comptech's main site for around $115 ish.
You also need to buy 04 acura tl swaybar brackets, you can get at an acura dealer for like $5 for both. Besieds that bolts on like it was made for our cars. Funny how we'd have the same chassis as 04 TL's they look completely different

kapao818

Reaction score
sorry to thread jack, but i posted earlier that i would be dynoing my car. and i thought this would give you something to compare to when you dyno your car.
i got back my results from my dyno today. i'll post the graph later on. but cliff note version of the graph is that i believe i did the dyno on a mustang dyno. i am making 120whp and 120wtq (gained about 5whp and 5tq, lower than i expected by gained none the less). changed the vtec so that it is not variable and it hits at 4400rpm (kind of high but dyno guy said it was the best overall gain)...and it hits quite nicely too =) A/F ratio is a little above 14...dyno guy said that the accord did NOT like any extra fuel added to it. nothing really else done at the dyno place since i still have stock ecu and only have VAFC I to tune it with. pretty much the dyno guy tuned it for more useable power rather than max power since i told him that i autoXed and need as much low end torque and lots of power throughout the powerband.
i think if i were to dyno on the dynojet, i SHOULD produce more power since supposely dynojets dyno higher numbers. but eh, i'm satisfied...for now. does the wheels that you have on make a difference in the power you make...and also tires? cause i had my on racing tires which are low as heck in profile (205/40/16).

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
theaccordian said:
Funny how we'd have the same chassis as 04 TL's they look completely different

its amazing what they can do by forming metal, hahahaha. but yea, thanks for the info, ill have to stop by the local acura dealership and see if i get any kind of discount from working at honda :D

theaccordian

Reaction score
kapao818 said:
sorry to thread jack, but i posted earlier that i would be dynoing my car. and i thought this would give you something to compare to when you dyno your car.
i got back my results from my dyno today. i'll post the graph later on. but cliff note version of the graph is that i believe i did the dyno on a mustang dyno. i am making 120whp and 120wtq (gained about 5whp and 5tq, lower than i expected by gained none the less). changed the vtec so that it is not variable and it hits at 4400rpm (kind of high but dyno guy said it was the best overall gain)...and it hits quite nicely too =) A/F ratio is a little above 14...dyno guy said that the accord did NOT like any extra fuel added to it. nothing really else done at the dyno place since i still have stock ecu and only have VAFC I to tune it with. pretty much the dyno guy tuned it for more useable power rather than max power since i told him that i autoXed and need as much low end torque and lots of power throughout the powerband.
i think if i were to dyno on the dynojet, i SHOULD produce more power since supposely dynojets dyno higher numbers. but eh, i'm satisfied...for now. does the wheels that you have on make a difference in the power you make...and also tires? cause i had my on racing tires which are low as heck in profile (205/40/16).

thanks man. Supposedly mustang dyno's lose about %10-15 power.so add12-15 on top of the 120 Its all good.... mustang dyno's simulate real world driving and give resistnance. Theyre better for tuning. Where dynojet's give higher numbers so you can brag and ****. What are your mods again?

kapao818

Reaction score
my engine mods are:
akimoto short ram (3" piping), DC ceramic header, hayame catback (dynoed without silencer), AEM underdrive pulleys, iridium spark plugs, NGK wires, and VAFC version I. and this is all done on an automatic accord.
pretty similar to what you are going to dyno with except i guess you are getting the JET Ecu and the bored out TB right?
yea i've heard the mustang dynos are better for tuning purposes also. i'm thinking about getting the AEM Cam gear...worth it?

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
let me ask you guys something, is the TL sway bar really THAT great? i know price for value is unbeatable but would it be better and/or stronger to buy a Suspension Technique front and rear sway bar? just curious. the price of course will be the biggest offset.

Crono139

Reaction score
It'll make it feel like a whole new car. Period. ;)

theaccordian

Reaction score
kapao818 said:
my engine mods are:
akimoto short ram (3" piping), DC ceramic header, hayame catback (dynoed without silencer), AEM underdrive pulleys, iridium spark plugs, NGK wires, and VAFC version I. and this is all done on an automatic accord.
pretty similar to what you are going to dyno with except i guess you are getting the JET Ecu and the bored out TB right?
yea i've heard the mustang dynos are better for tuning purposes also. i'm thinking about getting the AEM Cam gear...worth it?

Its worth it. to move the powerband around. So if you want low wend or top end you can adjust accordingly. True power is shown on the track not on dyno's dynojet's are for dynoqueens. :D

Back