DIY Debadge

walshbj19

Reaction score
simple green will take anything off...just dont get it on your rubber weather stripping, big mess

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
Goo Gone was taking too long, so I just used WD-40. Its probably bad for the paint so I used very little at a time, but it got rid of the residue SO much faster. Looks pretty clean now :thumbsup:

Phut

Reaction score
Xenit is stronger than Goo Gone, and is also safe on painted surfaces. i used Goo Gone to remove double sided tape and it wasn't doing such a good job. tried some bug and tar remover, took forever. tried the Xenit, worked in half the amount of time than the other products i used.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Try bug and tar remover as well. I haven't tried this, i like my accord emblem, but it does a pretty damn good job with getting stuff of your paint.

angelplus

Reaction score
Doing mine this week with my professional painter as he paints my wheels that i bought 6 months ago.

Sinful

Reaction score
After debadging, how would you put the emblems back on if you're trying to sell your car? What i mean is what kind of glue do i use?

Last edited:

thejameshimself

Reaction score
took me 40 minutes. didn't have to use a heat gun, just parked it in the sun for a several hours in 90+ degree weather and houston humidity. i used simple green and goo gone

db0.jpg
db5.jpg

you can't see it in the pic, but there's a bit of a ghost

Back