Thoughts on my f23

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
it crossed my mind but i figured the neo would just set its defaults at ecu factory settings ... i never touched it because i don't know wtf i'm doing and when i asked for help i never came accross anyone who knew how to use it :hide: ... so if anyone can help me out ... plz do!!!!!!!!

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
So i am in desperate need for some power. I really wanna keep it california legal. Im not ready for a swap or to boost it. If you were in my situation, what would you do?

2002 4cyl 5 spd 2.3L

thanks !:driving:

you're going to waste your money trying to make a 3000lb car fast without boost and on a restrictive head.... just don't waste your money on this car if you want to go fast, buy something that will

AEM V2 CAI
DC Sport 4-2-1 Header
WS2 Exaust
Pulleys(Super Light Weight)
Stage 2 Cam
Tuned!!!
And just pay for emissions to get passed!
Tada..

thats about 1000 bucks for ~15whp.... totally worth it

Yea just get a hondata s100 and get it tuned and dynoed... and just pay someone like 150 to pass the smog for u

unorthadox pulled btw!

why would you bother with hondata if you're not running anything serious like a turbo or supercharger kit?

If u want decent power just get
Pulleys
Header
CAI
Exhaust
Plugs&Wires

this will save u alot of money on the tune and other goodies but your gonna feel way more power with those

you're not going to feel **** with those, headers and exhaust will drop your tq, CAI will make a lot of noise, pulleys don't do much and your plugs and wires will be negligible

i just want enough power so that my car can pull me out of corners !

not gonna happen with this car dude, not without boost or a SC

ya my suspensions pretty ballin i have tokico hp blues with megan spings and after i get wheels and tires im gonna get eibach sways....its not the actual corner that my car cant do its just that brute power that it lacks :andy:

thats a pretty weak suspension honestly. you need sway bars, a one-piece strut tower bar and a good set of coilovers if you want to be able to put the power down, what little you have

LMFAO!!!! You Obiously did something wrong if u have header~Catback~Intake because i got the exact same thing with upgraded NGK plugs~Wires and i could feel a diffrence and that; that im on 19" rims.... And no i dont have a loud *** exhaust like yours

feeling faster and being faster are two very different things

if yours are beaten down then it will maybe get you a few, but reguardless it doesnt hurt to do a lil tune up.

just use OEM replacements, you're not going to get anything special out of plugs and wires on this engine so don't waste your money

true true i just wanna get some hp without having to spend the money for any swaps/turbos

get nitrous, thats really your only option without boosting or hardcore head work

Having better thicker wires make a difference, it sends a better spark to the plug. If you have a better plug it gives a bigger sparks with the thicker wires. You also get a little bit better gas mileage.

spark only matters if you're getting a large amount of fuel and air into the cylinders, since you're not doing that with this engine and its uber restrictive head you're pissing into the wind and emptying your wallet

oh sick im all for that hahah...i kinda wanna do a cheap turbo set up....anyone have any ideas? besides ebay **** ones?

cheap + turbo = big boom... you don't want that

if im only gonna run like 6 psi do you think i could use the parts from the ebay kit and then buy another turbo

you could, but thats saying that the parts from an ebay turbo are quality parts

Dont listen to any of these guys, other than Michael, they really dont know much. DO MORE RESEARCH. Anyone can slap on bolt-ons, but like Michael said, they dont do anything. They DO NOT add any significant power, and all they do is shift your powerband beyond redline of the slow F23. Do a little research, call up Bisimoto Engineering, PM Greg (black currant accord) or Jason (AFAccord); they know our motors inside and out. If you want to do something more than make your car rice, you have to work a little harder.

finally someone who speaks the truth

twokAccord

Reaction score
If you really want some power, the only thing you can do is boost it.

I Have
Apexi N1 Exhaust
Highflow Cat
DC Sport Headers
AEM V2 CAI

& i can barely feel the diffrence. the only thing i got out of it is a LOUD *** car.

BigAnt

Reaction score
i couldn't agree more ... bolt on's mean **** without a real tune ... pistons ... and some good cams on a f23 ... i can't stand my car performance wise ... it runs like **** and wastes gas like crazy ... it's very disappointing ... my setup is:

-aem cai
-megan racing header
-apexi ws catback
-gutted cat
-8mm accel wires
-ngk ix iridium plugs
-act ha3-hdss clutch kit
-xact prolite flywheel
-apexi neo [untuned]

How does your car waste so much gas?

SickCeeGeeSix

Reaction score
dont listen to any of these guys, other than michael, they really dont know much. Do more research. Anyone can slap on bolt-ons, but like michael said, they dont do anything. They do not add any significant power, and all they do is shift your powerband beyond redline of the slow f23. Do a little research, call up bisimoto engineering, pm greg (black currant accord) or jason (afaccord); they know our motors inside and out. If you want to do something more than make your car rice, you have to work a little harder.
yea all those bolts on do make a diffrence and i kno bisi in rl just for ur imformation.
impliedfacepalm.png

michael knows his stuff, and most ppl who had been there can tell u that bolt-ons do not give you much

just go nitrous... Other options would most likely be "iilegal"
they make a fair diffrence when paired up correctly
you're going to waste your money trying to make a 3000lb car fast without boost and on a restrictive head.... Just don't waste your money on this car if you want to go fast, buy something that will

thats about 1000 bucks for ~15whp.... Totally worth it

why would you bother with hondata if you're not running anything serious like a turbo or supercharger kit?

You're not going to feel **** with those, headers and exhaust will drop your tq, cai will make a lot of noise, pulleys don't do much and your plugs and wires will be negligible

not gonna happen with this car dude, not without boost or a sc

thats a pretty weak suspension honestly. You need sway bars, a one-piece strut tower bar and a good set of coilovers if you want to be able to put the power down, what little you have

feeling faster and being faster are two very different things

just use oem replacements, you're not going to get anything special out of plugs and wires on this engine so don't waste your money

get nitrous, thats really your only option without boosting or hardcore head work

spark only matters if you're getting a large amount of fuel and air into the cylinders, since you're not doing that with this engine and its uber restrictive head you're pissing into the wind and emptying your wallet

cheap + turbo = big boom... You don't want that

you could, but thats saying that the parts from an ebay turbo are quality parts

finally someone who speaks the truth

and with 1000bucks for a tune and everything i posted its more then 15whp diffrence i know this. Im at kevins shop alot and his car is tuned on that and it dyno'd 180whpish i believe

Back