RETUNE UPDATE - Erik123456789's Official SOHC Turbo Build!!!

Erik123456789

Reaction score
Well.. Since I just had my last final today, I am pretty much turning this thread in to my official build thread for this upcoming week.

I decided not to do the g23 set up because:

1. Not enough people around here know about it to convince me enough to just do it.
2. I don't like relying on someone else to help me finish what I'm doing, I just do all the work myself lol.

Here's some pics of What I've gotten so far, I'll show you guys some more pictures and updates throughout the week.

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Re: G23 Question..

The DOHC head will breathe a lot better and will probably give you more HP/PSI of boost. If you build the engine right, it should be able to hold 15psi. Have you looked into new bottom end bearings?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score

If you're getting low compression pistons then it should handle it no problem. Other than that I'm not really sure what you're asking.

Erik123456789

Reaction score

Well I guess my question is that if the G23 will take as much abuse as the F23 can since it is pretty much a "made-up" motor.

I know the LS/B20-Vtec can.. but I've seen millions of LS-Vtec setups in person and ZERO g23's.

And yeah, I'm getting new bearings n stuff, I'm rebuilding both the head and the block.

BigAnt

Reaction score

Well I guess my question is that if the G23 will take as much abuse as the F23 can since it is pretty much a "made-up" motor.

I know the LS/B20-Vtec can.. but I've seen millions of LS-Vtec setups in person and ZERO g23's.

And yeah, I'm getting new bearings n stuff, I'm rebuilding both the head and the block.

Are you going to be using after market parts or oem?

Erik123456789

Reaction score

oem, only aftermarket parts I'm using are pistons and ARP head studs

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score

I'd tell you to ask Roy about his swap but it doesn't seem like he'd have any answers for you.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

I'd tell you to ask Roy about his swap but it doesn't seem like he'd have any answers for you.

:eh:

are you milling the head?

the h23 will up your CR, but as long as u are changing out the pistons, it will be alrite

Atreidies

Reaction score

In regards to the block, yes, it will handle 15psi. You will have an issue with the bottom end if you up your rpm's too far. I wouldn't take an f23 bottom past 7k. You may want to also consider stronger rods. The amount of torque you will be pushing on 15psi will be better handled over the long term by something stronger. And since you will already be in there....

Erik123456789

Reaction score

nope not planning on milling the head, that raises compression doesn't it? Oh and I'm using the H22 head

Back