Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune....

Also you have to set a base ignition timing in an ecu regardless, then adjust off of that. You can make adjustments to ignition timing in ems's but its going to be adjusting of what the base timing is. You cant just punch a number in and think its going to be that. You put, + 14 degrees of timing its going to add 14 degrees ontop of whatever the base timing is.

yep, all i have to do is set the base ignition timing and it reverts back to my old tune which is already tuned to meet the old setup of 333whp. I won't be touching the ignition map. All i need to do is reset the base ignition timing through the ems. Thanks for the help guys!

And Badger: I will be posting up progress as it comes especially on E85....

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Got the timing also set and practically checked a gazillion times last night....

Didn't have a second set of hands to crank the car while i set the timing (with injectors off of course) to 0* in sync with the EMS.... will have to do that possibly this weekend....

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

good to hear your making progress bro, you'll be seeing some updates from me soon since my headstuds finally showed up.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Ok, I was working on it this morning, and got the timing all set correctly to TDC and matching the timing on the car with the ECU (with injectors off of course)...

I couldn't get it to start though, however, I got back to my apartment and took a look at the fuel map and incorrectly increased the map for the E85. The fuel map was all out of wack, which I now just fixed at home. Probably going to go back tonight and get it running and fine tune the timing at low (idle) and higher RPM's tonight... (I wanted to watch the NFC playoff game lol).

Finally I can see a light at the end of the tunnel! :beer:

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score

Keep us posted. Wanna some the numbers this sexy beast makes :D

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Thanks akoutmos! for the help and everything along with Nikita (Russianred) for any and all help during this frustrating process!

Well just got back from working on it.... again.

Got it running finally! Man does that feel good to see the fans and temp sensor working again, no oil leaks..... coolant leaked but that was because a clamp was loose on a hose and got that fixed right away. sealed up any suspicious spots with some hondabond also.

One thing is, due to the head gasket replacement I have "milky" coolant from all the oil dripping and leaking everywhere into the cylinders and water holes in the block so I will have to do a full coolant flush and then should be done on my end.

The Timing is set to 0* TDC with the AEM for the base timing, set it to okay, and it runs by itself finally. When I hit okay however it is a few degrees higher than my ignition map in lieu of 10.17* (what it is originally set to), its at about 14* which is extremely close to what the timing light says. But I could be slightly off with the base timing, so I'll have to fine tune that a hair later...

Also got E85 in the tank, adjusted the fuel map a full 125% increase to accommodate for the a/f ratio, and it is right where it should be so that is good!

Now I can finally bring it to a tuner for a re-tune and any small timing adjustments for some more power here in the near future finally and see what this turbo is made of! WOOT! WOOT!
:D

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

FINALLY!! :D

So happy for you bro, you have succeeded! Now make sure your tuner is a master of his task! Where do you get your car tuned?

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Thanks guys! It's such a relief to get it back and running....

So far my original tuner was in a different state, since that is too far for me right now, i'm looking between two reperatable tuners in the area to perform the work.... I'll keep you posted here soon hopefully!

Back